Rutgers-Camden to be absorbed by Rowan University?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
MarcusAurelius

Re: Rutgers-Camden to be absorbed by Rowan University?

Postby MarcusAurelius » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:56 pm

neeko wrote:You people need to lighten up. The school is in a shithole city and you can deny it all you want but it's true. No one here is saying the area IMMEDIATELY surrounding the school is bad, yet that's all you people keep arguing.

actually the reason this argument started is because people (ingoodfaith) were saying that the area immediately surrounding the school is bad

heres another picture of the camden campus taken right outside the student center:

Postby 20130312 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:57 pm

Oh look, another picture of the campus. It's no wonder you'll be attending Rutgers Camden with those RC skills.

MarcusAurelius

Postby MarcusAurelius » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:01 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:Oh look, another picture of the campus. It's no wonder you'll be attending Rutgers Camden with those RC skills.

YES another picture of the campus! this conversation is concerning the rutgers camden campus, is it not?

MarcusAurelius

Postby MarcusAurelius » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:02 pm

flem wrote:
MarcusAurelius wrote:
neeko wrote:You people need to lighten up. The school is in a shithole city and you can deny it all you want but it's true. No one here is saying the area IMMEDIATELY surrounding the school is bad, yet that's all you people keep arguing.

actually the reason this argument started is because people (ingoodfaith) were saying that the area immediately surrounding the school is bad

heres another picture of the camden campus taken right outside the student center:

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/aa/Ru-camden-campus.jpg[img]

I'd bet you're a hit at parties

:cry: ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch

highlander1

Postby highlander1 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:04 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:

For real. Stop the white knighting. No one is saying the campus sucks. It's just that the entire city sucks.
InGoodFaith wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:I can tell you that 3 is a straight up lie. Also, did you really just say the RU-C campus is surprisingly delightful? I think you got lost and ended up in Philly, because there is nothing delightful about the RU-C area.

Again, enjoy a nice big bowl of stfu.

InGoodFaith wrote:Oh look, another picture of the campus. It's no wonder you'll be attending Rutgers Camden with those RC skills.

Lol, the hubris on this one.
Don't even try to insult the RU-C community.
Last edited by highlander1 on Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

neeko

Postby neeko » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:08 pm

highlander1 wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:

For real. Stop the white knighting. No one is saying the campus sucks. It's just that the entire city sucks.
InGoodFaith wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:I can tell you that 3 is a straight up lie. Also, did you really just say the RU-C campus is surprisingly delightful? I think you got lost and ended up in Philly, because there is nothing delightful about the RU-C area.

Again, enjoy a nice big bowl of stfu.

Lol, the hubris on this one.
Don't even try to insult the RU-C community.

Not finding something delightful is not synonymous with believing it is bad. Some people don't find being surrounded by one of the worst ghettos imaginable delightful, others (apparently) do.

highlander1

Postby highlander1 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:11 pm

Fine. Accepted. I made an assumption.
Nevertheless, his other comment was uncalled for.

Postby 20130312 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:17 pm

lulz
Last edited by 20130312 on Thu May 24, 2012 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:21 pm

MarcusAurelius wrote:actually the reason this argument started is because people (ingoodfaith) were saying that the area immediately surrounding the school is bad

As a current student; False advertising.

Legitimately Camden. Just on the drive from Target in Cherry Hill you pass [1] several abandoned factories, [2] a 100+ person homeless tent city next to a bridge, [3] dozens of boarded up or half demolished homes, [4] slews of meandering crackheads screaming in the streets. Very literally I heard two gunshots outside last night, maybe 4 or so blocks from me on the other side of the Ben Franklin bridge... not terribly uncommon.

Get over it, Camden itself is a shithole. The school itself is not bad, but the city is quite literally the last place anyone in this country should want to live.

MarcusAurelius

Postby MarcusAurelius » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:26 pm

crossarmant wrote:
MarcusAurelius wrote:actually the reason this argument started is because people (ingoodfaith) were saying that the area immediately surrounding the school is bad

As a current student; False advertising.

Legitimately Camden. Just on the drive from Target in Cherry Hill you pass [1] several abandoned factories, [2] a 100+ person homeless tent city next to a bridge, [3] dozens of boarded up or half demolished homes, [4] slews of meandering crackheads screaming in the streets. Very literally I heard two gunshots outside last night, maybe 4 or so blocks from me on the other side of the Ben Franklin bridge... not terribly uncommon.

Get over it, Camden itself is a shithole. The school itself is not bad, but the city is quite literally the last place anyone in this country should want to live.

I SEE GRASS!!!

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:30 pm

MarcusAurelius wrote:I SEE GRASS!!!

For a full 2 months of the academic year too!

I mean, all in all, the area around the school is alright. Not exactly someplace you'll strut around with pride, but you won't get stabbed. There's like a 10 block square of Camden that is alright to be in, stick to City Hall, Courthouses, and RU-C and you'll be fine. That said, it does suck having to drive all the way out to Pennsauken or Cherry Hill for a bottle of whiskey (Because I sure as hell am not going to Mancine's Liquor north of the bridge.)

Postby 20130312 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:39 pm

crossarmant wrote:

I mean, all in all, the area around the school is alright. Not exactly someplace you'll strut around with pride, but you won't get stabbed. There's like a 10 block square of Camden that is alright to be in, stick to City Hall, Courthouses, and RU-C and you'll be fine. That said, it does suck having to drive all the way out to Pennsauken or Cherry Hill for a bottle of whiskey (Because I sure as hell am not going to Mancine's Liquor north of the bridge.)

This has been my experience, too. Well said.

drmguy

Postby drmguy » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:42 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:
crossarmant wrote:

This has been my experience, too. Well said.

Yeah, don't go to mancine's. Sure, it's only 2 blocks from the bridge, but that is one of the places you don't go. I think a couple people have had issues going there. Perfect example of having an issue when you don't listen to suggestions.

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:57 pm

drmguy wrote:Yeah, don't go to mancine's. Sure, it's only 2 blocks from the bridge, but that is one of the places you don't go. I think a couple people have had issues going there. Perfect example of having an issue when you don't listen to suggestions.

God knows we've all gotten like 7 emails throughout the year about someone being robbed at knife point outside that store.

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:45 pm

crossarmant wrote:
drmguy wrote:Yeah, don't go to mancine's. Sure, it's only 2 blocks from the bridge, but that is one of the places you don't go. I think a couple people have had issues going there. Perfect example of having an issue when you don't listen to suggestions.

God knows we've all gotten like 7 emails throughout the year about someone being robbed at knife point outside that store.

Canal's on 38 in Pennsauken.

Postby 20130312 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:10 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
crossarmant wrote:

Is that the one where the light bulb in the 'C' on the sign blew out? I lol'd driving past that. Might have been a different Canal's though.

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:15 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:
crossarmant wrote:

Is that the one where the light bulb in the 'C' on the sign blew out? I lol'd driving past that. Might have been a different Canal's though.

Maybe. I've never stopped there/seldom driven by there at night.

drmguy

Postby drmguy » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:25 pm

crossarmant wrote:

Shhhhhhhhh "issues" sounds less menacing than being robbed at knife point.

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:42 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:Canal's on 38 in Pennsauken.

Maybe. I've never stopped there/seldom driven by there at night.

Canal's is the place to go. 99 cent PBR tall-boys and $5 Corbett Canyon 1.5Ls, ftw.

Scottie2Hottie

Postby Scottie2Hottie » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:31 pm

Last edited by Scottie2Hottie on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

2LT_CPG

Postby 2LT_CPG » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:43 pm

Would a LOCI be a god idea for me at this point? Highlighting military service, commitment to PI law practice, love of the Philadelphia area in which I grew up, etc. Including a commitment to attend if admitted.

mrtoren

Postby mrtoren » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:33 pm

2LT_CPG wrote:Would a LOCI be a god idea for me at this point? Highlighting military service, commitment to PI law practice, love of the Philadelphia area in which I grew up, etc. Including a commitment to attend if admitted.

Were you wait listed?

2LT_CPG

Postby 2LT_CPG » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:40 pm

mrtoren wrote:
2LT_CPG wrote:Would a LOCI be a god idea for me at this point? Highlighting military service, commitment to PI law practice, love of the Philadelphia area in which I grew up, etc. Including a commitment to attend if admitted.

Were you wait listed?

No, still in review, I'm just assuming that the long amount of time it's taking for a decision is indicative of them waiting on what their yield is looking like.

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:11 pm

2LT_CPG wrote:No, still in review, I'm just assuming that the long amount of time it's taking for a decision is indicative of them waiting on what their yield is looking like.

For what it's worth, I didn't get my acceptance until 4/15 last year. So don't stress to hard.

mrtoren

Postby mrtoren » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:18 pm

2LT_CPG wrote:
mrtoren wrote:

Were you wait listed?

No, still in review, I'm just assuming that the long amount of time it's taking for a decision is indicative of them waiting on what their yield is looking like.

Honestly, I've never really seen someone write an LOCI before they're waitlisted. If you're on track to get rejected, a letter won't save you. In fact, it might hurt you if you seem impatient. Just hang tight and the initial decision should come in the next week or two. If you're waitlisted, I would send an LOCI shortly thereafter.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”