Rutgers-Camden to be absorbed by Rowan University?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
mrtoren

Re: Rutgers-Camden to be absorbed by Rowan University?

Postby mrtoren » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:21 am

MarcusAurelius wrote:
Fletcher Reed wrote:Rutgers-Camden Student Stabbed To Death

http://gleaner.rutgers.edu/2010/11/22/s ... of-murder/

Student-on-student doesn't count? Where do you form your logic? I can't wrap my mind around it. Student-on-student would certainly matter in the context of the conversation regarding the dangers of living on or near RU-Camden. Btw--the attacker in the above article that you challenged me to find was not a student.

she was stabbed in her lindenwold apartment, not in camden. read the article, JACKASS.

Oh, let Fletcher have his fun. His paranoid ramblings and news article links provide me with a daily laugh.

highlander1

Postby highlander1 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:37 am

MarcusAurelius wrote:
Fletcher Reed wrote:Rutgers-Camden Student Stabbed To Death

http://gleaner.rutgers.edu/2010/11/22/s ... of-murder/

Student-on-student doesn't count? Where do you form your logic? I can't wrap my mind around it. Student-on-student would certainly matter in the context of the conversation regarding the dangers of living on or near RU-Camden. Btw--the attacker in the above article that you challenged me to find was not a student.

she was stabbed in her lindenwold apartment, not in camden. read the article, JACKASS.

@MarcusAurelius, I want you to know that I loled. Post of the day.

Okay guys, Fletcher wants peace. Let's call it and switch topics lol.
As much as I dislike his/her negativity, I can tell he/she is making a slight effort to not draw too much attention.
After all, he or she may be a potential member of RU-C Law CO2015 (and we should look out for each other).
Though, I must truthfully admit that I currently do not like you @Fletcher.

Edit: Post of the month.
Last edited by highlander1 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby 20130312 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:05 am

Can't wait til all of you live here next year...

Fletcher Reed

Postby Fletcher Reed » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:41 pm

Last edited by Fletcher Reed on Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:58 am, edited 4 times in total.

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:05 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:Can't wait til all of you live here next year...

Honestly, I'd just live in Westmont or Collingswood, maybe Cherry Hill if I were fond of sprawl.

highlander1

Postby highlander1 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:08 pm

Me too! Victor looks like a pretty awesome place to live. It has a bar on the ground floor :D
I don't get internet sarcasm -_-

drmguy

Postby drmguy » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:32 pm

highlander1 wrote:

Me too! Victor looks like a pretty awesome place to live. It has a bar on the ground floor :D
I don't get internet sarcasm -_-

A bar is within the same building. You have to walk outside to get there.

Postby 20130312 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:35 pm

HeavenWood wrote:

Honestly, I'd just live in Westmont or Collingswood, maybe Cherry Hill if I were fond of sprawl.

All credited places to live. Cherry Hill is probably a bit expensive for the typical lawl student, though.

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:53 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:

All credited places to live. Cherry Hill is probably a bit expensive for the typical lawl student, though.

Cherry Hill West is fairly inexpensive as I recall.

Fletcher Reed

Postby Fletcher Reed » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:00 pm

Last edited by Fletcher Reed on Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

mrtoren

Re: Rutgers President

Postby mrtoren » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:04 pm

Fletcher Reed wrote:Does anyone know why the Rutgers University president is resigning from his $550,000/year job, taking a year off, and coming back as a history teacher for $200,000 less? Does it have to do with the merger? It's not reassuring that the school's leader is jumping ship during a time like this.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011/0 ... ent_o.html

In other news, the president is against the merger..yet it doesn't matter because he's abandoning the school...

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/0 ... repor.html

Would you calm down? Jesus. You'll never succeed after law school with such an anal, pessimistic personality.

The University of Illinois President is doing the same thing. Its not unusual.

P.S. - Do your research. McCormick has been planning his retirement for quite some time. Its not connected to the merger.

Fletcher Reed

Postby Fletcher Reed » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:12 pm

Last edited by Fletcher Reed on Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

mrtoren

Re: Rutgers President

Postby mrtoren » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:23 pm

Fletcher Reed wrote:I was actually asking whether or not anyone knew why he was leaving and I was pointing out that it's interesting that it's during all the controversy. I was not asking about the liklihood of my success after law school.

Additionally, the Ilinois University president "resigned after months of turmoil, a faculty mutiny and a scandal in the president's office that had left him so sidelined that people began to question not whether he would quit but when."

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012 ... d-campuses

The Rutgers president isn't amidst this type of scandal. It seems that he may be leaving because his university is being torn apart and he doesn't want to be in the middle of it. Does anyone have any info. on this?

P.S. He is not retiring. He's leaving for a year (during the merger) and coming back as a teacher (far away from the Camden campus) at the New Brunswick Rutgers campus.

Fletcher, there are few people in this world that drive me crazy. You are one of them.

You some how fail to grasp the simplest of concepts.

McCormick's departure (FROM THE POST OF PRESIDENT) is NOT connected to the merger. Its been in the works for a while now (FIRST REPORTED IN MAY 2011). He's been in the position for almost ten years and I'm sure its a stressful, time-consuming job. Money isn't the motivation here. He's on the board of several other organizations and is probably banking more than he can realistically spend. Its opportunity-cost. He's had a good run, he's 64 years old, its time to move on. ACCEPT THAT.

Do I need to break out the sledgehammer Fletcher? Do I?

ths115

Postby ths115 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:59 pm

kaiser wrote:
ths115 wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:Look, I've lived near Camden my entire life. Camden is terrible. Yes, Rutgers campus is fairly safe. HOWEVER, in order to get on the freakin' campus, you still have to journey through Camden. Even when you're driving in, it's pretty scary. You can easily be mugged or shot or whatever at a red light.

Complete and utter BS.

I can assure you this is not BS. Camden, at least in its bad parts, is one of the most dangerous places in the entire country, and a few years ago was even ranked number 1. Again, as many people mentioned, the school is cloistered off and in what sounds like a safe area, but DO NOT assume that the rest of the city is safe to walk around. Again, I know someone who was shot and someone else who had his car stolen. Neither were at Rutgers Camden (which people say is in a safe area), but it goes to show how unsafe some of the other areas can be. I myself am an NJ lifer. I have been to all the best, and all the worst parts of the state. When people speak about Camden, Trenton, and Newark, they are not joking around with you. You need to keep your head up in these places.

I am a life-long resident of Camden County. I have attended at least 50+ concerts in Camden. Rutgers-Camden is EASILY accessible via exit 5B right near the bridge. You drive through the most secure part of Camden to reach the campus. ALL cities have areas that pose higher risk than other spots. Camden for sure is mostly made up of areas like this but there is absolutely NO reason to enter those areas. There are plenty of places to live within South Jersey that provide easy access to campus and do not require driving through gunfire.

MarcusAurelius

Postby MarcusAurelius » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:24 pm

ths115 wrote:
kaiser wrote:
ths115 wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:Look, I've lived near Camden my entire life. Camden is terrible. Yes, Rutgers campus is fairly safe. HOWEVER, in order to get on the freakin' campus, you still have to journey through Camden. Even when you're driving in, it's pretty scary. You can easily be mugged or shot or whatever at a red light.

Complete and utter BS.

I can assure you this is not BS. Camden, at least in its bad parts, is one of the most dangerous places in the entire country, and a few years ago was even ranked number 1. Again, as many people mentioned, the school is cloistered off and in what sounds like a safe area, but DO NOT assume that the rest of the city is safe to walk around. Again, I know someone who was shot and someone else who had his car stolen. Neither were at Rutgers Camden (which people say is in a safe area), but it goes to show how unsafe some of the other areas can be. I myself am an NJ lifer. I have been to all the best, and all the worst parts of the state. When people speak about Camden, Trenton, and Newark, they are not joking around with you. You need to keep your head up in these places.

I am a life-long resident of Camden County. I have attended at least 50+ concerts in Camden. Rutgers-Camden is EASILY accessible via exit 5B right near the bridge. You drive through the most secure part of Camden to reach the campus. ALL cities have areas that pose higher risk than other spots. Camden for sure is mostly made up of areas like this but there is absolutely NO reason to enter those areas. There are plenty of places to live within South Jersey that provide easy access to campus and do not require driving through gunfire.

+1

I can vouch for this, as I have lived in Westmont (10 minutes outside of Camden) for the past 20 years of my life

InGoodFaith, WHAT SAY YOU??????????????????????????????????

drmguy

Postby drmguy » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:04 pm

I think there are at least two explanations. One, some people are just more sensitive than others. Two, I have noticed that people in the surrounding area literally think Camden is Somalia because of how much people talk it down.

Either way, campus is fine and driving there is fine.

MarcusAurelius

Postby MarcusAurelius » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:19 pm

flem wrote:
drmguy wrote:I think there are at least two explanations. One, some people are just more sensitive than others. Two, I have noticed that people in the surrounding area literally think Camden is Somalia because of how much people talk it down.

I've been to Camden. I have a picture to prove it. This was taken right by the law school.

no it wasn't :lol:

Postby 20130312 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:34 pm

flem wrote:
drmguy wrote:I think there are at least two explanations. One, some people are just more sensitive than others. Two, I have noticed that people in the surrounding area literally think Camden is Somalia because of how much people talk it down.

I've been to Camden. I have a picture to prove it. This was taken right by the law school.

That's obviously not Camden. There's no greenery and far more abandoned buildings in Camden.

MarcusAurelius

Postby MarcusAurelius » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:37 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:
flem wrote:

That's obviously not Camden. There's no greenery and far more abandoned buildings in Camden.

you are such a tosser

Postby 20130312 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:39 pm

MarcusAurelius wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:That's obviously not Camden. There's no greenery and far more abandoned buildings in Camden.

you are such a tosser

MellowMantis

Postby MellowMantis » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:40 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:
MarcusAurelius wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:That's obviously not Camden. There's no greenery and far more abandoned buildings in Camden.

you are such a tosser

This thread is a giant win.

neeko

Postby neeko » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:44 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:
flem wrote:

That reply deserves an award.

MarcusAurelius

Postby MarcusAurelius » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:48 pm

neeko wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:
flem wrote:

That reply deserves an award.

no it doesn't. here's a picture of the admissions office at rutgers camden.

--ImageRemoved--

neeko

Postby neeko » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:52 pm

You people need to lighten up. The school is in a shithole city and you can deny it all you want but it's true. No one here is saying the area IMMEDIATELY surrounding the school is bad, yet that's all you people keep arguing.

Postby 20130312 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:54 pm

neeko wrote:You people need to lighten up. The school is in a shithole city and you can deny it all you want but it's true. No one here is saying the area IMMEDIATELY surrounding the school is bad, yet that's all you people keep arguing.

For real. Stop the white knighting. No one is saying the campus sucks. It's just that the entire city sucks.

flem wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:

Sorry man, you're right. I got my Camden trip and my Somalia trip mixed up. Here's Camden:

Shockingly accurate.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”