App mistake -- what should I do?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
postn0bills

App mistake -- what should I do?

Postby postn0bills » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:15 pm

Under "employment" on all of my apps, they asked me to list all employment I've ever had. Since I've been out of college for five years and have been working since high school, I've had many jobs. I included them all except for one that completely slipped my mind -- I just remembered. After I graduated from college, I worked as a bank teller for four months. Is this omission important enough to e-mail all of the law schools about or should I not worry about it? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

postn0bills

Re: App mistake -- what should I do?

Postby postn0bills » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:32 pm

anyone? please?

asdflawyer

Postby asdflawyer » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:36 pm

postn0bills wrote:anyone? please?

I would say once you decide which school you want to attend, let that school know through e-mail. Its really not a big deal at all. People make much bigger errors on their apps and still fix them up later in their cycle. You're fine.

postn0bills

Postby postn0bills » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:56 pm

Do you think I should wait to be accepted first -- is that what you're saying? Then e-mail the school about the error? Although it would be ridiculous, could that be grounds for rescinding the offer because I didn't inform them sooner?

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:05 pm

They won't rescind. This is a very small deal. They generally care about lying about things that would negatively affect your chances at admission - an additional job would have a (very, very) small beneficial effect on your chances, so this is kind of the opposite of what they care about.

If you're really worried, call the schools up to see if they want you to bother with updating this with them.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”