how to correct an error in the application?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
xjykybl

how to correct an error in the application?

Postby xjykybl » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:39 pm

I just noticed an error in the resume I have already submitted in the application.

In the section of education, I made a mistake about the year of my master degree.
I mistakenly put the year of B.A. for my master degree, which is a very careless mistake.

Should I contact the schools I have applied to correct the error and update the resume?

Thanks a lot!

rinkrat19

Re: how to correct an error in the application?

Postby rinkrat19 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:01 pm

Is the error on your separate resume document that you uploaded with the application? Email the schools a corrected version, apologizing for the error but not making a huge dramatic deal about it.

Is the error in the resume section of the application form you filled out? Email the schools and let them know about the error. (Again, apologizing and not making a big deal.)

xjykybl

Re: how to correct an error in the application?

Postby xjykybl » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:34 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:Is the error on your separate resume document that you uploaded with the application? Email the schools a corrected version, apologizing for the error but not making a huge dramatic deal about it.

Is the error in the resume section of the application form you filled out? Email the schools and let them know about the error. (Again, apologizing and not making a big deal.)

The error is on a separate resume I uploaded to LSAC website.
Thanks for the suggestion. I will do so.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”