Applying for need-based app fee waiver

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
postn0bills

Applying for need-based app fee waiver

Postby postn0bills » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:14 am

I am applying for a need-based fee waiver through a school, and the requirements read:
"If you are interested in obtaining a fee waiver, please submit a written statement outlining your request and financial circumstances via fax at X. The request should be accompanied by last year’s W-2 form or tax return. Additionally, please be sure to include a statement outlining your monthly expenses."

Does anyone have an idea of what these statements should look like and what they should specifically say? I've written a letter formally requesting a fee waiver, which includes general expenses (no dramatic circumstances, still paying off a ton of undergraduate school debt and the cost of living in my city is extremely high). On another sheet of paper, I made a chart of monthly financial obligations and the amount deducted for each from my net salary. Is this sufficient/what they are asking for? Or am I missing something?

Thanks guys!

postn0bills

Re: Applying for need-based app fee waiver

Postby postn0bills » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:59 pm

Anyone? This would really help me out. Thank you.

mcdeeremitch

Re: Applying for need-based app fee waiver

Postby mcdeeremitch » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:52 pm

This is exactly what I did..talked about debt and made a chart with all my expenses...and I got all my fee waivers I asked for except for one but I ended up getting 10 of the t14 and many others

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”