Additional LOR?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
LouisXIV

Additional LOR?

Postby LouisXIV » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:53 pm

Received a strange email this afternoon. One of my applications has not gone complete at a school, but the committee is asking for an additional LOR from my employer. I have already submitted three academic LORs, which was sufficient. It is my understanding that academic LORs are preferred, so why an employer LOR? Full disclosure: I did graduate UG in 2008, but that doesn't seem all that long ago. :)

fashiongirl

Re: Additional LOR?

Postby fashiongirl » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:36 pm

Maybe sending 3 academic LORs when you graduated 4 years ago seems as though you're hiding bad work ethics or something. That's what I would think if I was an adcomm. But I have no idea. I'd just send them what they want.

LouisXIV

Re: Additional LOR?

Postby LouisXIV » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:41 pm

fashiongirl wrote:Maybe sending 3 academic LORs when you graduated 4 years ago seems as though you're hiding bad work ethics or something. That's what I would think if I was an adcomm. But I have no idea. I'd just send them what they want.

I really didn't consider the bad work ethic thing. Reading the school website, it appeared that they preferred academic recs and would take employer recs if an applicant has trouble getting in touch with professors, TAs, etc. Three academic LORs made sense. In any event, I'll work on getting them what they want. Nothing to hide. I was curious as to what others thought. Thanks.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”