resume

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
swtlilsoni
Posts: 399
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:00 am

resume

Postby swtlilsoni » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:29 pm

Deleted.
Last edited by swtlilsoni on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
LeDique
Posts: 12752
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:10 pm

Re: unverifiable job on resume

Postby LeDique » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:31 pm

You say this like any admissions office is going to even attempt to verify your resume.

User avatar
20130312
Posts: 3842
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: unverifiable job on resume

Postby 20130312 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:37 pm

Don't you love it when people come on this site and admit to income tax evasion?

User avatar
ben4847
Posts: 789
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:38 pm

Re: unverifiable job on resume

Postby ben4847 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:37 pm

swtlilsoni wrote:Should I put this job on my resume? It's a real, full time job. However it is a family company and I never filed tax returns or any of that, my family just gave me money. So it is verifiable if the law school just wants to talk to the employer, but it probably wont be verifiable if they check my income tax returns. What do I do?


Hmmm. Anyone from the IRS reading this? Is that legal?

User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: unverifiable job on resume

Postby IAFG » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:40 pm

ben4847 wrote:
swtlilsoni wrote:Should I put this job on my resume? It's a real, full time job. However it is a family company and I never filed tax returns or any of that, my family just gave me money. So it is verifiable if the law school just wants to talk to the employer, but it probably wont be verifiable if they check my income tax returns. What do I do?


Hmmm. Anyone from the IRS reading this? Is that legal?

Is it legal for the IRS to look at publicly posted information? Is that really your question?

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: unverifiable job on resume

Postby JamMasterJ » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:41 pm

IAFG wrote:
ben4847 wrote:
swtlilsoni wrote:Should I put this job on my resume? It's a real, full time job. However it is a family company and I never filed tax returns or any of that, my family just gave me money. So it is verifiable if the law school just wants to talk to the employer, but it probably wont be verifiable if they check my income tax returns. What do I do?


Hmmm. Anyone from the IRS reading this? Is that legal?

Is it legal for the IRS to look at publicly posted information? Is that really your question?

I don't think the statements were meant to be related

User avatar
beach_terror
Posts: 7249
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:01 pm

Re: unverifiable job on resume

Postby beach_terror » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:43 pm

IAFG wrote:
ben4847 wrote:
swtlilsoni wrote:Should I put this job on my resume? It's a real, full time job. However it is a family company and I never filed tax returns or any of that, my family just gave me money. So it is verifiable if the law school just wants to talk to the employer, but it probably wont be verifiable if they check my income tax returns. What do I do?


Hmmm. Anyone from the IRS reading this? Is that legal?

Is it legal for the IRS to look at publicly posted information? Is that really your question?

I think he was asking for advice if someone here was from the IRS, lol

User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: unverifiable job on resume

Postby IAFG » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:54 pm

Ah okay. That makes more sense/is a relief. I mean, sorta. The tax fraud thing should still obviously not be legal.

071816
Posts: 5511
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: unverifiable job on resume

Postby 071816 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
Gail
Posts: 977
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:11 am

Re: unverifiable job on resume

Postby Gail » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:50 am

Guys. I put Queen of South Carolina on my resume 2004-Current


Bad move?

User avatar
Tom Joad
Posts: 4542
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: unverifiable job on resume

Postby Tom Joad » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:51 am

IAFG wrote:The tax fraud thing should still obviously not be legal.

Looks like I am not even going to start my Ron Paul 2012 spiel with you.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], ReeseWitherspoon and 8 guests