Forgot to include Gender!!!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
sandiego222

Forgot to include Gender!!!

Postby sandiego222 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:53 pm

I apparently missed filling out "gender" on virtually all of my apps. It must not have been a required field. Is it worth it to contact them this late in the game, or is it just something that will highlight to them the fact that I sloppily made a mistake??

ben4847

Re: Forgot to include Gender!!!

Postby ben4847 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:56 pm

sandiego222 wrote:I apparently missed filling out "gender" on virtually all of my apps. It must not have been a required field. Is it worth it to contact them this late in the game, or is it just something that will highlight to them the fact that I sloppily made a mistake??

If it wasn't required, then why would you care? I have never heard of there being a gender bump. (though, I always wondered why not. It made no sense to me that there would really be the same amount of male and female applicants.)

Moriarty

Postby Moriarty » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:58 pm

sandiego222 wrote:I apparently missed filling out "gender" on virtually all of my apps. It must not have been a required field. Is it worth it to contact them this late in the game, or is it just something that will highlight to them the fact that I sloppily made a mistake??

If it's optional, then you have no reason to worry. From all that I've read, gender is much less important than LSAT and GPA.

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:17 pm

ben4847 wrote:

If it wasn't required, then why would you care? I have never heard of there being a gender bump. (though, I always wondered why not. It made no sense to me that there would really be the same amount of male and female applicants.)

There does actually seems to be more women than men in my school. I know that in some Midwestern state law schools, there are more men than women. No need to give a bump when the numbers are close enough to 50-50.

Guchster

Postby Guchster » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:23 pm

Don't worry about it. Very post-modern.

Errzii

Postby Errzii » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:29 pm

I can see the adcomms now, "This candidate looks promising... WAIT A MINUTE THE GENDER IS NOT LISTED ON THIS APPLICATION, REJECT."

Postby 071816 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:30 pm

auto reject

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”