NPR Exposes the Law School Scam

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
IrwinM.Fletcher

Re: NPR Exposes the Law School Scam

Postby IrwinM.Fletcher » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:09 am

I can't believe I'm taking the effort to post this, but he dropped out of a midwestern T2 after finishing 1L around median. Midwestern T2s that year were Mizzou, Nebraska, and Kansas.

moneybagsphd

Postby moneybagsphd » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:15 am

kwais wrote:
Curious1 wrote:Interesting article.

FWIW I think what you're doing is very valuable. In my opinion there should only be 6 law schools in the country, and certainly only 6 worth going to.

This is dumb

Curious1

Postby Curious1 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:31 am

Flips88 wrote:
johansantana21 wrote:

FWIW I think what you're doing is very valuable. In my opinion there should only be 6 law schools in the country, and certainly only 6 worth going to.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but an opinion like this is just dumb.

Check her LSN. Though apparently somebody was too good to apply to Yale.

I didn't want to waste $91 :( Not good enough to get in.

STLMizzou

Postby STLMizzou » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:33 am

You are just wasting your money then.

There should really only be one law school in the country

Curious1

Postby Curious1 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:35 am

STLMizzou wrote:You are just wasting your money then.

There should really only be one law school in the country

Obviously I was being facetious, but plenty of people believe the T14 or bust thing.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:50 am

IrwinM.Fletcher wrote:I can't believe I'm taking the effort to post this, but he dropped out of a midwestern T2 after finishing 1L around median. Midwestern T2s that year were Mizzou, Nebraska, and Kansas.

It was Nebraska.

Errzii

Postby Errzii » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:53 am

MTal there are better ways to inform people and provide valuable information that don't include trolling in class threads on TLS and making a thread like this every other week. The guy in the article who started LawSchoolTransparency.com is a good example.

PDaddy

Postby PDaddy » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:13 am

You exaggerate much, no? Which? HYS & CCN, and then only one of MVPB DNCG? Ok Lucy...'splain!

NYC Law

Postby NYC Law » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:15 am

PDaddy wrote:

You exaggerate much, no? Which? HYS & CCN, and then only one of MVPB DNCG? Ok Lucy...'splain!

Math not your strong suit?

MrPapagiorgio

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:27 am

NYC Law wrote:
PDaddy wrote:

Math not your strong suit?

I lol'd

Postby 071816 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:29 am

I feel like this is the same fucking thread over and over again.

MrPapagiorgio

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:31 am

MTal

Postby MTal » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:31 am

chimp wrote:I feel like this is the same fucking thread over and over again.

Get used to it. The effects of the law school scam are only going to increase in magnitude.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:35 am

And obviously, sitting in your mother's basement in your Spiderman underoos, drinking Mountain Dew Code Red and eating candy bars while posting angry topics on a message board is the best way to fight the power. Fuck that guy who started Law School Transparency, he ain't got nothing on you.

Guchster

Postby Guchster » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:38 am

MTal wrote:
chimp wrote:I feel like this is the same fucking thread over and over again.

Get used to it. The effects of the law school scam are only going to increase in magnitude.

I'm all about rage, but MTal takes things to a whole new level. MTal has been rampaging these boards the past few days, with each poast angrier than the last!

Probs MTal in a few years

MTal

Postby MTal » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:39 am

kalvano wrote:And obviously, sitting in your mother's basement in your Spiderman underoos, drinking Mountain Dew Code Red and eating candy bars while posting angry topics on a message board is the best way to fight the power. Fuck that guy who started Law School Transparency, he ain't got nothing on you.

We all contribute however we can. The important thing is that word get out about what is happening.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:41 am

MTal wrote:
kalvano wrote:And obviously, sitting in your mother's basement in your Spiderman underoos, drinking Mountain Dew Code Red and eating candy bars while posting angry topics on a message board is the best way to fight the power. Fuck that guy who started Law School Transparency, he ain't got nothing on you.

We all contribute however we can. The important thing is that word get out about what is happening.

Maybe if you'd spent half as much time looking for a job as you do trolling the boards, you wouldn't have had to drop out and become a bitter bitch.

Guchster

Postby Guchster » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:43 am

kalvano wrote:
MTal wrote:

Maybe if you'd spent half as much time looking for a job as you do trolling the boards, you wouldn't have had to drop out and become a bitter bitch.

Postby 09042014 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:43 am

jcm043 wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
MTal wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:Turns out that shitty bottom-dwelling law schools will do almost anything it takes to steal people's money. Who knew.

Certainly not those posting in the NYLS class of 2015 thread, and when I TRIED letting them know, I was told to shut up and given a board warning.

I have a feeling that if they're on TLS, they already know whatever you're going to tell them (and think they can beat the odds or whatever; I can't really defend them, but if they want to go to NYLS or San Diego Law or whatever and discuss it on here, more power to them).

I had one of these moments. I'm going to a TTT or TTTT this fall. I know where I stand and I know what to expect when I get out. I think having a realistic understand of what your going into is what most people going to a TTT or TTTT don't have. I just plan to marry a girl with money.... 8)

You seem to understand but not really internalize how stupid you are being.

tyro

Postby tyro » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:45 am

Curious1 wrote:FWIW I think what you're doing is very valuable. In my opinion there should only be 6 law schools in the country, and certainly only 6 worth going to.

Yesterday you were bragging about how your parents will be paying for your law degree, now this?

MTal

Postby MTal » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:45 am

kalvano wrote:
MTal wrote:

I have a job, I work in the financial services industry...series 7/63 licensed broker, thank you.

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:52 am

Desert Fox wrote:
jcm043 wrote:
I had one of these moments. I'm going to a TTT or TTTT this fall. I know where I stand and I know what to expect when I get out. I think having a realistic understand of what your going into is what most people going to a TTT or TTTT don't have. I just plan to marry a girl with money.... 8)

Whatever DF. When he marries Ivanka Trump and opens his own beeper store, you'll eat your words.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:56 am

MTal wrote:
kalvano wrote:
MTal wrote:

I have a job, I work in the financial services industry...series 7/63 licensed broker, thank you.

If that's so awesome, then why was it your back-up plan after you realized you couldn't hack it in law school?

I'm fully on board with full disclosure from schools, shutting down schools that lie to students, and closing about half the law schools in the country. But if that's your goal, then why aren't you doing something about it instead of wasting time on here?

Don't pretend that this is some noble thing you're doing. If you really cared that much, you'd be out in the really real world trying to do something about it instead of running the same old tired schtick on TLS.

Curious1

Postby Curious1 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:00 am

tyro wrote:
Curious1 wrote:FWIW I think what you're doing is very valuable. In my opinion there should only be 6 law schools in the country, and certainly only 6 worth going to.

Yesterday you were bragging about how your parents will be paying for your law degree, now this?

Yeah ok I wasn't bragging about it. I was saying that maybe I'm biased in the Rubenstein/HLS debate because I'm not really concerned about debt, even if I would consider myself in debt to my parents instead of the government.

And I don't see how the quoted (even if taken seriously) contradicts the position. I was being elitist before and I'm being elitist now.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:02 am

Desert Fox wrote:
jcm043 wrote:
QrI had one of these moments. I'm going to a TTT or TTTT this fall. I know where I stand and I know what to expect when I get out. I think having a realistic understand of what your going into is what most people going to a TTT or TTTT don't have. I just plan to marry a girl with money.... 8)

Word. But at least he has such a realiatic understand of the situation, making him oh so much wiser and better than the other geniuses going to his dump school.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”