No email notice of any kind from Yale after >1 month?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Photog

New

No email notice of any kind from Yale after >1 month?

Postby Photog » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:11 am

I submitted my YLS application a little over one month ago, and I haven't received any email communication of any kind from the YLS admissions office. Is this normal?

I know that it can take several weeks for apps to go complete, but shouldn't I have received some sort of preliminary email notice that my application has been received and that completion is pending?

Thanks for your help.

arodd53

New

Re: No email notice of any kind from Yale after >1 month?

Postby arodd53 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:04 pm

Not a YLS applicant myself, but I do know that they can take quite a while to do their thing. Take a look at the question asking about "the timeline applicants should expect":

http://blogs.law.yale.edu/blogs/admissi ... ether.aspx

Still, a month without any acknowledgement whatsoever would make me a little antsy too.

thederangedwang

Silver

Postby thederangedwang » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:16 pm

Hmmm...i received my email about a week after i submitted then the complete email 2 weeks after that...so you are definitely a bit behind....i would call them...it's been a month so i think you have good reason too

fakehunter

Bronze

Postby fakehunter » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:29 pm

It was also a month over Christmas break though. If you submitted exactly a month ago, admissions may have been closing its doors for 2011 around that time. I'd still call, but I think this is more the problem than anything else.

Photog

New

Postby Photog » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:29 am

I hope you're right, fakehunter. The Yale blog specifically asks applicants not to call about app status, so I wouldn't want to bug them about something that might be fairly routine.

Any thoughts from other former or current YLS applicants?

adam1

Bronze

Postby adam1 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:42 am

I was in the same situation, but it had been about 6 weeks. I emailed them to ask what was up, and they replied that they had sent me a complete email about two weeks after I applied. I never got their email, not even in my junk folder or any of that. I'd say just email them.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�