Stupid Application Mistakes

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
alexandra23

Stupid Application Mistakes

Postby alexandra23 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:47 pm

So I was using an unfamiliar computer last night that didn't have Adobe Reader, and I was filling out a couple apps and really just wanted to send them and get it over with last night, so I submitted them without proofing the PDFs.

Well, now I am on a computer that allows me to view PDFs and I can see that I forgot to fill in my gender on both apps as well as the city of my permanent residence and my undergrad major/GPA. Is this a big deal?

My name is clearly female, I say the city I live in on my resume/list it as my mailing address, my major is on my resume, and my major/GPA should also be on my transcript. What do you guys think? Should I email the schools with the corrections, or let it be?

charliep

Re: Stupid Application Mistakes

Postby charliep » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:01 pm

i made a bunch of mistakes too. just e-mail them corrections

phillyboy101

Postby phillyboy101 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:07 am

can't comment on the other stuff, but I had been leaving school gpa(s) blank. I had some second thoughts after I sent out my apps, called a few schools and they said it didnt matter at all

alexandra23

Postby alexandra23 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:07 pm

OK, thanks. I did end up emailing the schools with the edits. It probably won't matter at all because they can view that information elsewhere in my materials, but I wanted to make sure they didn't think I was being lazy filling out the app/didn't really care.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”