Submitting Updated Resume Prior to Decision

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Phightins

Submitting Updated Resume Prior to Decision

Postby Phightins » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:19 pm

Does anyone have any advice on timing/method of submitting an updated resume to schools? I recently received a promotion at work and wanted to know if I should inform them before going complete, while in review, etc. I don't have much of an opportunity to call schools durig business hours, so I suppose I could e-mail them. Just wanted to see if anyone had experience with this. Thanks!

mrtoren

Re: Submitting Updated Resume Prior to Decision

Postby mrtoren » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:50 pm

Sounds minor. Unless you have more details, I would hesitate from sending it in unless you're waitlisted.

landla

Postby landla » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:08 pm

mrtoren wrote:Sounds minor. Unless you have more details, I would hesitate from sending it in unless you're waitlisted.

Agreed. Unless it is significant, I wouldn't add it to the file - it might increase processing time.

Phightins

Postby Phightins » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:44 am

Thanks for the input. It's not a minor promotion, but it sounds like it would be best reserved for if/when a waitlist presents itself.

Beachbum89

Postby Beachbum89 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:26 am

Sorry to hijack this thread but since I have the same question I thought I'd ask here rather than creating a new thread. I submitted my apps at the end of October and have heard back from about half the schools I applied to. I finished my undergrad in December and recently got a job as an SAT and AP Tutor at a college prep testing company that is well known nationally. Would it help to send an updated resume to the schools I haven't heard back from with this new job listed?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”