Rejected, but retaking the LSAT in February

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
john1990
Posts: 1211
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:49 pm

Rejected, but retaking the LSAT in February

Postby john1990 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:27 pm

I was rejected from a school that i think i will be able to be more competitive after the February lsat. I had not notified them of my intent to retake because i thought i would be a WL. Is it possible to reapply for the same cycle?

User avatar
instantwonton
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:30 pm

Re: Rejected, but retaking the LSAT in February

Postby instantwonton » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:35 pm

As far as I know, no schools allow you to apply twice in the same cycle.

User avatar
dietcoke0
Posts: 601
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:46 pm

Re: Rejected, but retaking the LSAT in February

Postby dietcoke0 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:56 pm

Nopes, retake in June, reapply next cycle.

Jante05
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:49 pm

Re: Rejected, but retaking the LSAT in February

Postby Jante05 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:38 pm

dietcoke0 wrote:Nopes, retake in June, reapply next cycle.


+1 retake on June at least that will give you more time to prep and Feb. means you'll get your score end of Feb/early March.

User avatar
Philosopher King
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Rejected, but retaking the LSAT in February

Postby Philosopher King » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:43 pm

dietcoke0 wrote:Nopes, retake in June, reapply next cycle.


Seems like this is the best answer. The LSAT sucks, of course. Hopefully some schools will stop requiring it once the ABA gets their collective act together and stops requiring them to.

User avatar
paratactical
Posts: 5961
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:06 pm

Re: Rejected, but retaking the LSAT in February

Postby paratactical » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:45 pm

Philosopher King wrote:The LSAT sucks, of course. Hopefully some schools will stop requiring it once the ABA gets their collective act together and stops requiring them to.

wut

Betharl
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:48 pm

Re: Rejected, but retaking the LSAT in February

Postby Betharl » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:14 pm

john1990 wrote:I was rejected from a school that i think i will be able to be more competitive after the February lsat. I had not notified them of my intent to retake because i thought i would be a WL. Is it possible to reapply for the same cycle?


I would call the admissions department for the school and ask them, because I am not sure the advice here is correct. While it is technically true you cannot "reapply" for the same cycle, I believe in a lot of cases you can appeal a rejection if there is a change in circumstances.

User avatar
mattviphky
Posts: 1117
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: Rejected, but retaking the LSAT in February

Postby mattviphky » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:17 pm

Philosopher King wrote:
dietcoke0 wrote:Nopes, retake in June, reapply next cycle.


Seems like this is the best answer. The LSAT sucks, of course. Hopefully some schools will stop requiring it once the ABA gets their collective act together and stops requiring them to.


I would forward all complaints to usnwr.

User avatar
mrtoren
Posts: 733
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:43 pm

Re: Rejected, but retaking the LSAT in February

Postby mrtoren » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:41 pm

mattviphky wrote:
Philosopher King wrote:
dietcoke0 wrote:Nopes, retake in June, reapply next cycle.


Seems like this is the best answer. The LSAT sucks, of course. Hopefully some schools will stop requiring it once the ABA gets their collective act together and stops requiring them to.


I would forward all complaints to usnwr.

+1

They have much more authority than the ABA.

User avatar
john1990
Posts: 1211
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: Rejected, but retaking the LSAT in February

Postby john1990 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:03 pm

Betharl wrote:
john1990 wrote:I was rejected from a school that i think i will be able to be more competitive after the February lsat. I had not notified them of my intent to retake because i thought i would be a WL. Is it possible to reapply for the same cycle?


I would call the admissions department for the school and ask them, because I am not sure the advice here is correct. While it is technically true you cannot "reapply" for the same cycle, I believe in a lot of cases you can appeal a rejection if there is a change in circumstances.


Thank you for the idea, i will definitely give them a call in February after i get my new LSAT score.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Rejected, but retaking the LSAT in February

Postby r6_philly » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:24 am

Speaking from experience, Feb score is so late usually it under performs the numbers. Best bet is to reapply if you score higher. That's if they would even look at it since they already made a decision. Most schools say decisions are final, and there isn't usually an appeal process.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Anon.y.mousse., bellaboo, Bing [Bot], bleakchimera2, dan9257, Rich29, UVA2B, Yahoo [Bot] and 8 guests