Will this look bad?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Ialdabaoth

Will this look bad?

Postby Ialdabaoth » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:12 pm

I realize this is probably just me being overly neurotic, but what is the general consensus on taking a class credit/no credit? Do adcoms view them negatively?

I'm in the final semester of my senior year, have a 4.0 UGPA, ~3.95 LSAC GPA, and haven't taken anything else credit/no credit. Although not directly relevant, I also have one W on my transcript, but I later got an A in that class, so I don't think there's really anything else negative on my transcript. This C/NC class would sort of be a part of major (I'm doing an individualized program). But it's in environmental economics, and I had introductory economics two years ago, so I don't want to risk a drop in GPA for a class that I'm not required to take and for which I don't feel fully prepared.

I'm mainly curious as to what TLS thinks about this because I could also opt to just not take the class at all.

TIA!

Mal Reynolds

Re: Will this look bad?

Postby Mal Reynolds » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:16 pm

I'll give you a guess as to how many fucks they give: it's less than one fuck. And it's not a decimal either.

Ialdabaoth

Postby Ialdabaoth » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:24 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:I'll give you a guess as to how many fucks they give: it's less than one fuck. And it's not a decimal either.

Haha, yeah, I didn't think it was going to be a major issue, but I do think adcoms evaluate transcripts when making decisions on borderline candidates. And I'll probably be such an applicant at every school I want to attend.

Dany

Postby Dany » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:25 pm

No one will care.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”