Should I write an addendum? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
critterkln

New

Should I write an addendum?

Post by critterkln » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:41 pm

For a 7 point jump (from 165 to 172) in my LSAT score. I am applying to a few t14 schools, and I do have legitimate reasons for my first score being sub-par. My car broke down twice driving to the city my test was scheduled in costing me hundreds in repairs, I had recently lost a job and had to move 500 miles from my current location.

puff0ffluff

New

Re: Should I write an addendum?

Post by puff0ffluff » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:50 pm

go for it. i can't see how writing an addendum could hurt your chances. if anything, it'll let the law schools know that your first score isn't representative.

good luck =)

dietcoke0

Silver

Post by dietcoke0 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:59 pm

I wrote one for a similar 8 point jump. I had less of a legit reason, first testing center sucked, second, I did research for, rocked (was literally like I took it at home, forgot where I was all 5 sections)

But I downed played it. Said first one testing center conditions was bad, researched my second one, and scored closer to my averages. I would say something similar.

dietcoke0

Silver

Post by dietcoke0 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:01 pm

puff0ffluff wrote:i can't see how writing an addendum could hurt your chances.
And bad advice. You think adcomms, who have to weed through 1000's of apps each year, want to read more BS. I only wrote mine on the app forms because they asked for the reason for the difference.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”