Addendum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
FrozenCavemanLawyer

Addendum

Postby FrozenCavemanLawyer » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:50 pm

I scored around 5 points lower than expect on my december lsat and now I am forced to take the february lsat to begin law school in 2012. I can't push it back a year and I plan on sending in my applications this week with the december score and an addendum asking if the schools can hold off on their decision until they receive my february score. Is this common? I know I will be one of the last people applying but I have no other choice. Should I simply state in the addendum that I am taking the lsat in february and ask if they can postpone their decision or should I state anything else pertaining to why I am asking this of them?

NomNom

Re: Addendum

Postby NomNom » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:57 pm

When are your schools application deadlines? You aren't going to get your score back for the February LSAT until the first week of March. They are releasing later and later. If the deadline is March 1, I don't know if they will accept an LSAT score that comes in after that. Someone correct me if I am wrong - it happens. Hope I am.

berkeleykel06

Postby berkeleykel06 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:13 pm

FrozenCavemanLawyer wrote:I scored around 5 points lower than expect on my december lsat and now I am forced to take the february lsat to begin law school in 2012. I can't push it back a year I don't feel like waiting and I plan on sending in my applications this week with the december score and an addendum asking if the schools can hold off on their decision until they receive my february score. Is this common? I know I will be one of the last people applying but I have no other choice am too stubborn to consider alternatives. Should I simply state in the addendum that I am taking the lsat in february and ask if they can postpone their decision or should I state anything else pertaining to why I am asking this of them?

FTFY

puff0ffluff

Postby puff0ffluff » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:31 pm

berkeleykel06 wrote:
FTFY

That's really obnoxious...

berkeleykel06

Postby berkeleykel06 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:08 pm

puff0ffluff wrote:
berkeleykel06 wrote:
FTFY

If being obnoxious is what it takes to help wake people up to the fact that no one is tying their hands to go to law school, then I really don't care. Using such strong language as "forced," "can't," and "no other choice" is ridiculous. Of course there are other choices.

Whether or not a few schools will make an exception and take the Feb scores, OP would surely be better off reapplying at the beginning of next cycle to have to option of ALL schools, rather than being limited to the ones (if any) that will consider the Feb score. Plus, if OP wasn't so glued to a Feb retake, he/she could wait until June to retake and have the benefit of a few more months to study.

puff0ffluff

Postby puff0ffluff » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:00 pm

at the same time, there's no point in discouraging people just because they feel the need to go to law school this year. he's looking for answers, not alternatives. besides, i doubt a couple online comments from strangers is going to change much for most applicants.

in all honestly, TLS is full of frustrated people these days. i hope for their stake they simmer down in the future.

FrozenCavemanLawyer

Postby FrozenCavemanLawyer » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:06 pm

berkeleykel06 wrote:
puff0ffluff wrote:
berkeleykel06 wrote:
FTFY

If being obnoxious is what it takes to help wake people up to the fact that no one is tying their hands to go to law school, then I really don't care. Using such strong language as "forced," "can't," and "no other choice" is ridiculous. Of course there are other choices.

Whether or not a few schools will make an exception and take the Feb scores, OP would surely be better off reapplying at the beginning of next cycle to have to option of ALL schools, rather than being limited to the ones (if any) that will consider the Feb score. Plus, if OP wasn't so glued to a Feb retake, he/she could wait until June to retake and have the benefit of a few more months to study.

I am getting engaged in a few months and law school cannot be pushed back another year, this is a decision that me and my future wife made. Please don't take the role of someone that knows what is best for me and her, your negativity is not what I was looking for when I made the thread and does not help me at all.

Jante05

Postby Jante05 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:49 pm

FrozenCavemanLawyer wrote:
berkeleykel06 wrote:
puff0ffluff wrote:
berkeleykel06 wrote:
FTFY

I am getting engaged in a few months and law school cannot be pushed back another year, this is a decision that me and my future wife made. Please don't take the role of someone that knows what is best for me and her, your negativity is not what I was looking for when I made the thread and does not help me at all.

What's your GPA? What LSAT score did you receive? Are you talking +165 +170 LSAT score?

I have 159 LSAT (practice 162-166) and planning on retaking June. Submitted apps 1st week Jan./12 to T1 PT and FT T2/TTT Fall 12. January apps according to my x school pre-law advisor is late.

I would listen to their advice ^^^^ should not be taken lightly considering $ involved. I'm engaged too, my partner and I pushed the engagement until after LS since it did not make any sense to do it before or straight away after LS. But if $ is not an option do what's best for you.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:52 pm

FrozenCavemanLawyer wrote:
berkeleykel06 wrote:
puff0ffluff wrote:
berkeleykel06 wrote:
FTFY

Just because a decision is made doesn't mean it's a good decision.

FrozenCavemanLawyer

Postby FrozenCavemanLawyer » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:56 pm

I have a 3.3 and 152 from the december test. I already made her wait long enough for the engagement and putting it off is not an option, we have both been out of college for years now and need to begin our lives. This is also why law school cannot be pushed back another year.

FrozenCavemanLawyer

Postby FrozenCavemanLawyer » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:59 pm

I'm going to law school next year and I'm sure things will work out fine. Thanks to the people who gave me positive advise.

berkeleykel06

Postby berkeleykel06 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:39 pm

My SO and I have been together 6 years and are currently LD so that I could got to a T14 instead of a T30 because of the difference in employment prospects, and are putting off engagement for that very reason.

I was just pointing out that regardless of how difficult the choice may be, there is always a choice. Maybe you made the right decision for you guys. But if you fail to realize it was a choice then how can you know you made the right one?

vpintz

Postby vpintz » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:37 pm

FrozenCavemanLawyer wrote:I have a 3.3 and 152 from the december test. I already made her wait long enough for the engagement and putting it off is not an option, we have both been out of college for years now and need to begin our lives. This is also why law school cannot be pushed back another year.

what is this I can't even

MachineLemon

Postby MachineLemon » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:06 pm

So your plan is to get married, then immediately enroll in a life-consuming professional school, then (if you get a job) start a life-consuming career. Perhaps you should just be married for a year.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”