Is it possible to apply to a school twice?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
donklob

Is it possible to apply to a school twice?

Postby donklob » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:47 pm

I am planning on retaking the LSAT in June and applying for September 2013. But I was wondering fi there is anything I lose by applying to schools now with my 150 LSAT to see if I get in?

gaud

Re: Is it possible to apply to a school twice?

Postby gaud » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:51 pm

Did you already pay for the LSAT? Is your 150 within LSAT range at the schools you are considering?

There really isn't much to lose other than the application money.

donklob

Postby donklob » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:51 pm

gaud wrote:Did you already pay for the LSAT? Is your 150 within LSAT range at the schools you are considering?

There really isn't much to lose other than the application money.

25% chance to get into any of the top 100 I am looking at. I did not pay for the LSAT yet.

gaud

Postby gaud » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:54 pm

Tough call then. 25% isn't the greatest of chances. Would you matriculate if accepted or would you still retake the LSAT? That's what you should ask yourself.

I'm one for gambling on a couple apps, so if I were you I may pay for one or two, but be careful not to just throw money away that you may likely want for applications next cycle (of course if you have a money tree or something this may not be an issue lol).

donklob

Postby donklob » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:56 pm

gaud wrote:Tough call then. 25% isn't the greatest of chances. Would you matriculate if accepted or would you still retake the LSAT? That's what you should ask yourself.

I'm one for gambling on a couple apps, so if I were you I may pay for one or two, but be careful not to just throw money away that you may likely want for applications next cycle (of course if you have a money tree or something this may not be an issue lol).

I am gone if accepted! Only reason re-taking is an option is to raise my chances of acceptance to the top 100.

gaud

Postby gaud » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:00 pm

lol well then if the costs aren't an issue, then why not?

Don't lose focus on that retake though! With a substantial increase you could be looking at some great scholly $$$ from t100 schools.

Best of luck

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”