Question in regards to applying

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
thisistonyj

Question in regards to applying

Postby thisistonyj » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:36 pm

Hello to all. This is my first post on this luxurious forum and I have been pondering this question for some time now. How much does joining a group such as an honors club or group in undergrad effect your chances on your law school application?

justinp

Re: Question in regards to applying

Postby justinp » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:14 am

I mean, if it's something where you have to be top 10% of your institution that's worth doing if only for the resume line item. Otherwise, I have no idea.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:24 am

thisistonyj wrote:luxurious forum

lol

JoeFish

Postby JoeFish » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:37 am

thisistonyj wrote:How much does joining a group such as an honors club or group in undergrad effect your chances on your law school application?

LSATs are this much ________________________________________________________________________________
Grades are this much ____________________________________________________________________________
PS is this much __________
UG honors group/club is this much __

Non-zero, but will probably only serve as a tiebreaker. If it's a group for top 10% gradeswise, you're already getting consideration for your grades. Softs like UG organizations and such are not going to help too much. That being said, if it's not really that big of a time/money commitment, hell, go for it. It won't hurt. But don't think it'll get you in anywhere over someone with the same GPA and an LSAT 2 points higher.

thisistonyj

Postby thisistonyj » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:37 pm

LSATs are this much ________________________________________________________________________________
Grades are this much ____________________________________________________________________________
PS is this much __________
UG honors group/club is this much __

Non-zero, but will probably only serve as a tiebreaker. If it's a group for top 10% gradeswise, you're already getting consideration for your grades. Softs like UG organizations and such are not going to help too much. That being said, if it's not really that big of a time/money commitment, hell, go for it. It won't hurt. But don't think it'll get you in anywhere over someone with the same GPA and an LSAT 2 points higher.[/quote]

That pretty much answers my question. Thank you my good sir for the impact you've made on my life. I shall be forever grateful.

fashiongirl

Postby fashiongirl » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:26 pm

Grizz wrote:
thisistonyj wrote:luxurious forum

lol

heheheheh

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”