Fee waiver question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
guinness1547

Fee waiver question

Postby guinness1547 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:52 pm

I recently got back my December LSAT score and now the fee waiver emails are really rolling in. I plan on re-taking in June, but I'm still getting a few waivers from schools I'll be interested in next cycle when I apply.

My question is: will I get these same fee waivers once my June score comes back(taking for granted it will be at or higher than my current score), or will schools see they gave me a waiver already for last cycle and not offer another?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I tried searching for this question and didn't find any answers.

guinness1547

Re: Fee waiver question

Postby guinness1547 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:44 pm

Bueller?

NomNom

Postby NomNom » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:58 pm

Hey guinness,

just my opinion, but I would email the school and explain you are looking at applying the next cycle and you would like the fee waiver offered/applied then. The worst they can do is say no. I think right now schools have all kind of different motives for offering waivers, but it never hurts to just flat out ask.

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:36 pm

Some schools will resend fee waivers next cycle, some won't. For the ones that don't, just send them an email at the start of next cycle saying "hey, you gave me a fee waiver for last cycle, but I'm applying this cycle. Please give me one for this year." You can also email schools that don't send you one this cycle and just say "Hey, this is my LSAT score. Please send me a fee waiver."

There are lots of threads around about soliciting fee waivers if you need help with how to word the email.

guinness1547

Postby guinness1547 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:06 pm

Awesome, thanks guys!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”