Typos on my Resume and Addendum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
SouthernPride_10thAm

Re: Typos on my Resume and Addendum

Postby SouthernPride_10thAm » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:31 pm

Regardless, typos and one or two verb agreement mistakes aren't going to cost you anything.

I'm not saying I had sentences like: "has went to store and felt it." I'm just saying that there were plenty of word choice, style, and organization problems. + a few incomplete sentences.

You're pretty dumb if you think this will have any influence on your admission.

Again: numbers numbers numbers

NomNom

Postby NomNom » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:46 pm

SouthernPride_10thAm wrote:Regardless, typos and one or two verb agreement mistakes aren't going to cost you anything.

I'm not saying I had sentences like: "has went to store and felt it." I'm just saying that there were plenty of word choice, style, and organization problems. + a few incomplete sentences.

Yes, incomplete sentences are perfectly okay. That's why personal statements don't matter and why TLS doesn't have a complete sub-forum dedicated to them.

Oh wait...

Seriously sock, I'd let it go. From what I see, law school doesn't require ANY writing, so you should be just fine.

SouthernPride_10thAm

Postby SouthernPride_10thAm » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:58 pm

If you're a 180 4.00, you can submit a personal statement that you accidentally peed on a little bit and you'd get into most schools.

NomNom

Postby NomNom » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Urination would not matter as they are submitted electronically. Now go back to posting under your other name.

seahawk32

Postby seahawk32 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:10 pm

Davidbentley wrote:Wait, you called them to tell them you made a spelling mistake? If you had omitted a whole section of your work experience, then perhaps a call would have been warranted. But my friend, never show the executioner where the rope is.

This.

SouthernPride_10thAm

Postby SouthernPride_10thAm » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:13 pm

NomNom wrote:Urination would not matter as they are submitted electronically. Now go back to posting under your other name.

Some have paper options. You get the point. You could write a personal statement about how much you love mold in your milk with 180/4.0, you'd get into many schools.

NomNom

Postby NomNom » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:29 pm

SouthernPride_10thAm wrote:
NomNom wrote:Urination would not matter as they are submitted electronically. Now go back to posting under your other name.

Some have paper options. You get the point. You could write a personal statement about how much you love mold in your milk with 180/4.0, you'd get into many schools.

Would you mind listing which schools accept a paper copy of a personal statement instead of submitting through CAS/LSAC? I'm actually interested to know.

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:31 pm

NomNom wrote:

Would you mind listing which schools accept a paper copy of a personal statement instead of submitting through CAS/LSAC? I'm actually interested to know.

Northwestern and Cornell both did last application cycle. Just check out the prospective student pages for the schools you're interested in.

NomNom

Postby NomNom » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:33 pm

Thanks - aside from messing with the sock poster, I was actually curious about that. When I applied, all of mine were electronic.

SouthernPride_10thAm

Postby SouthernPride_10thAm » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:34 pm

What is a sock poster

puff0ffluff

Postby puff0ffluff » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:43 pm

say and do nothing. they read so fast that there's a decent chance they won't notice

hiphopvhlr

Postby hiphopvhlr » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:12 pm

Thanks for the feedback! It has been very informative. Honestly, I spelled checked up the yin-yang. Here is what happened: for some reason, MSWord thinks "Senor" is a word. And MSWords does not spell check words in all caps. I read the paper over and over, but I am only human.

When I called the admissions office, I only gave them my first name, so I don't think they'll narrow it to me (I hope). I think I am just going to let it go and pray for the best.

Thanks to you all and good luck.

2ndCircuit

Postby 2ndCircuit » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:17 pm

would have been much worse if typo was for job. just make sure no typos on resume submitted for job purposes. for school purposes, it is not the end of the world. done deal, do not worry over it, done deal, move on.

chem

Postby chem » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:23 pm

LOL. The distance you will go to win this argument is astounding. What school are you going to? I'll take it off my list

moneybagsphd

Postby moneybagsphd » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:28 pm

NomNom wrote:
SouthernPride_10thAm wrote:Regardless, typos and one or two verb agreement mistakes aren't going to cost you anything.

Yes, incomplete sentences are perfectly okay. That's why personal statements don't matter and why TLS doesn't have a complete sub-forum dedicated to them.

Oh wait...

Seriously sock, I'd let it go. From what I see, law school doesn't require ANY writing, so you should be just fine.

This is retard.

moneybagsphd

Postby moneybagsphd » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:34 pm

chem wrote:LOL. The distance you will go to win this argument is astounding. What school are you going to? I'll take it off my list

Hyperbole is a rhetorical device.

NomNom

Postby NomNom » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:24 am

^
|
|
So is sarcasm, Mensa.

Postby 20130312 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:40 pm

NomNom wrote:^
|
|
So is sarcasm, Mensa.

I lol'd

moneybagsphd

Postby moneybagsphd » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:49 pm

|
|
So is sarcasm, Mensa.

I was referring to your deployment of incompetent, over the top sarcasm to make a point.

NomNom

Postby NomNom » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:38 pm

moneybagsphd wrote:
|
|
So is sarcasm, Mensa.

I was referring to your deployment of incompetent, over the top sarcasm to make a point.

Isn't the point of sarcasm to make a point in an "over the top" way? I applaud your use of the word "deployment" in a sentence. Most people don't get to throw that into typical conversation unless they are in the military.

moneybagsphd

Postby moneybagsphd » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:27 pm

NomNom wrote:
moneybagsphd wrote:
|
|
So is sarcasm, Mensa.

Isn't the point of sarcasm to make a point in an "over the top" way? I applaud your use of the word "deployment" in a sentence. Most people don't get to throw that into typical conversation unless they are in the military.

The point of sarcasm is ridicule. You achieve this through irony. Irony imo should be subtle.
Last edited by moneybagsphd on Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TommyK

Postby TommyK » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:46 pm

The amount of derp in this thread is astounding, even compared to the unusually high bar set by aspie law students and aspiring aspie law students.

NomNom

Postby NomNom » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:17 am

TommyK wrote:The amount of derp in this thread is astounding, even compared to the unusually high bar set by aspie law students and aspiring aspie law students.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”