Which Schools to inform of Feb LSAT? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
piscola

New

Which Schools to inform of Feb LSAT?

Post by piscola » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:28 pm

Hello all, I've posted here before, 168/3.72 stats, retaking the february LSAT and hoping it'll give me a bump this cycle. That's right, I'm NOT reapplying again next year regardless of what happens, so any advice on that front won't be particularly helpful to me.

My question is which schools should I inform about this February test? Schools like Michigan, Cornell, Georgetown, Berkeley, UCLA, USC, Texas, Vanderbilt I am on the margins and I think might be better to go with the early review and risk the rejection, since there is a good chance of waitlist/acceptance. Harvard, NYU, Columbia, Northwestern, UVA are all big enough reaches that I think without a higher LSAT score the chances of getting in are pretty slim anyway and will be worth the late review. What is the opinion of the board? And what should I do about schools like Harvard and NYU that "generally" don't look at the february score? Surely they will wait and see to review despite their official policy if they know a score will coming early march either way right?

Also, what should I do about schools that have already rejected me (so far only Penn)? As far as I know, only Michigan review rejections, but if I were to do very well in Feb would a LOCI do anything to reverse the decision?

For the record, already PT very high and am thinking 175 may be possible in Feb (Ill be happy if I just break 170 though).

Thanks!

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Re: Which Schools to inform of Feb LSAT?

Post by crumpetsandtea » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:47 pm

Was it really necessary to post this 5 times on the same forum?

piscola

New

Post by piscola » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:48 pm

Where did I previously post this? I had an earlier thread about February vs June LSAT but this is a different question about informing schools.

piscola

New

Post by piscola » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:49 pm

Oh wow never mind something glitchy must have happened with the computer. Deleting the other threads. Apologies!

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:53 pm

No worries!

Honestly if I were you I would wait another cycle and then submit in September with a 175-ish/3.7. You'd be T6 secure without a doubt.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

piscola

New

Post by piscola » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:02 pm

I know thats the TLS conventional wisdom, but for various personal/work related reasons that's not a good option for me. I'd be ok this cycle with Michigan rather than next one with Columbia, if thats the hit I have to take for applying late.

So assuming that, what are the thoughts about informing these schools?

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:05 pm

piscola wrote:I know thats the TLS conventional wisdom, but for various personal/work related reasons that's not a good option for me. I'd be ok this cycle with Michigan rather than next one with Columbia, if thats the hit I have to take for applying late.

So assuming that, what are the thoughts about informing these schools?
You should definitely inform them. They will hold your application until you hear back. Unfortunately, the chances of you being admitted in March go down VERY SIGNIFICANTLY, so even with good numbers you might not get in.

I'm not 100% sure though, check on LSN for late-submittal candidates to see how your cycle might be changed. But please consider retaking. You could be looking at Michigan at sticker or Michigan with $67.5K! A half scholarship is nothing to sneeze at!

piscola

New

Post by piscola » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:10 pm

All of the schools and not just the reaches? I'm not sure it makes sense to have schools im competitive at like Michigan, UCLA, etc wait for the new scores- thats my main question.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”