activities question Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jd5

Bronze

activities question

Post by jd5 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:38 pm

Regarding the activities question on most applications, how bad does it look if I'm a year and a half out of undergrad and really only list undergrad extracurriculars on there? At one point I was working two jobs, and I do occasionally volunteer at a legal clinic, but still, I haven't really been involved in many, or any, organized activities since graduation. Does it look stupid to say I played in a kickball league? Do people use this as a personal interests/hobbies section (e.g., pickup basketball, reading fiction)?

Samara

Gold

Re: activities question

Post by Samara » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:06 pm

jd5 wrote:Regarding the activities question on most applications, how bad does it look if I'm a year and a half out of undergrad and really only list undergrad extracurriculars on there? At one point I was working two jobs, and I do occasionally volunteer at a legal clinic, but still, I haven't really been involved in many, or any, organized activities since graduation. Does it look stupid to say I played in a kickball league? Do people use this as a personal interests/hobbies section (e.g., pickup basketball, reading fiction)?
I would limit kickball league involvement to personal interests. It's not a big deal if you don't have a lot of activities. It's a pretty unimportant part of the application.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”