LSAT Score Addendum for time keeping mistake?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
MarcusGiovanni

LSAT Score Addendum for time keeping mistake?

Postby MarcusGiovanni » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:19 am

The proctor called time 5 minutes early during the first section of my first LSAT sitting. We eventually were able to convince her of her mistake and given our 5 minutes, but it threw me off since it happened during the logic games section and I approached my setups differently due to the perceived lack of time. My first score was a 167 and I improved to a 171 with my December retake (PTs were in the low-170s, so I think the second is more indicative of my abilities).

Apps are already out. Should I email an addendum explaining the discrepancy or would this not be considered addendum-worthy since it's only 4 points?

justonemoregame

Re: LSAT Score Addendum for time keeping mistake?

Postby justonemoregame » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:40 am

I wouldn't bother.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:44 am

MarcusGiovanni wrote:The proctor called time 5 minutes early during the first section of my first LSAT sitting. We eventually were able to convince her of her mistake and given our 5 minutes, but it threw me off since it happened during the logic games section and I approached my setups differently due to the perceived lack of time. My first score was a 167 and I improved to a 171 with my December retake (PTs were in the low-170s, so I think the second is more indicative of my abilities).

Apps are already out. Should I email an addendum plaining the discrepancy or would this not be considered addendum-worthy since it's only 4 points?

Did you report the incident to LSAC immediately after the test? If not, it just sounds like you didn't think the timekeeping mistake was an issue at the time, but now you're disappointed in your score and are looking for any excuse to explain it away.

MarcusGiovanni

Postby MarcusGiovanni » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:06 pm

Yeah, I was worried about that. (Didn't report it) No addendum then, hopefully they'll focus on my retake score.
Thanks for the input!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”