Resume -- Quick Question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
mck89

Resume -- Quick Question

Postby mck89 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:08 pm

I graduate in May 2012, and I am about to send in all my law school applications. I was offered a Mechanical Engineering job when I graduate for $72k/year, but turned it down for law school. Should I include this in my resume? If so, how should I include it?

kalvano

Re: Resume -- Quick Question

Postby kalvano » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:17 pm

Don't include it, and for the love of God why aren't you taking it?

Philosopher King

Postby Philosopher King » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:21 pm

kalvano wrote:Don't include it, and for the love of God why aren't you taking it?

+1

sach1282

Postby sach1282 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:43 pm

kalvano wrote:Don't include it, and for the love of God why aren't you taking it?

+2

BiglawOrBust

Postby BiglawOrBust » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:21 pm

sach1282 wrote:

+2

+3

Damn, OP. Damn....

mck89

Postby mck89 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:44 pm

Haha thanks for the input. I didn't take it because, from internship experience, real life engineering jobs don't do it for me. I found it hard to stay interested in the jobs and the people for more than a week, so I couldn't imagine making a career out of it. I had some legal experience, and found it much more intriguing. Hopefully it was the right decision :|

Philosopher King

Postby Philosopher King » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:49 pm

mck89 wrote:Haha thanks for the input. I didn't take it because, from internship experience, real life engineering jobs don't do it for me. I found it hard to stay interested in the jobs and the people for more than a week, so I couldn't imagine making a career out of it. I had some legal experience, and found it much more intriguing. Hopefully it was the right decision :|

I see. That makes sense. Good luck!

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:52 pm

mck89 wrote:Haha thanks for the input. I didn't take it because, from internship experience, real life engineering jobs don't do it for me. I found it hard to stay interested in the jobs and the people for more than a week, so I couldn't imagine making a career out of it. I had some legal experience, and found it much more intriguing. Hopefully it was the right decision :|

Definitely not on your resume but you could find a way to spin this in your PS if you choose to speak about how passionate you are about your decision to pursue law school. So passionate that you decided to turn down that job.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:14 pm

Are you planning on working in IP?

landla

Postby landla » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:42 pm

JoeMo wrote:

Definitely not on your resume but you could find a way to spin this in your PS if you choose to speak about how passionate you are about your decision to pursue law school. So passionate that you decided to turn down that job.

Definitely do this in your PS or Why X if you can. (and not on the resume)

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”