Waiting till next cycle

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Onthebrink

Waiting till next cycle

Postby Onthebrink » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:52 pm

So I have been contemplating taking a year off and waiting for next cycle to reapply. I submitted all my apps (applied to the entire t-14 with the exception of texas as well as a bunch of others) around Thanksgiving but I just got my December LSAT score and it has given me hope for maybe t-6. My new score is a 171 (a four point jump) and my GPA is a 3.99. A lot of my applications are just going complete now that my second score is out. I am applying for a Fulbright and for a while have said that would be the only reason I would take a year off, but now I am taking a wait and see approach.
When do you make the decision to wait for next cycle/What do you in the interim? Is tutoring okay or should you try to get an in as a paralegal or something of that nature?

CorkBoard

Re: Waiting till next cycle

Postby CorkBoard » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:33 pm

Onthebrink wrote:So I have been contemplating taking a year off and waiting for next cycle to reapply. I submitted all my apps (applied to the entire t-14 with the exception of texas as well as a bunch of others) around Thanksgiving but I just got my December LSAT score and it has given me hope for maybe t-6. My new score is a 171 (a four point jump) and my GPA is a 3.99. A lot of my applications are just going complete now that my second score is out. I am applying for a Fulbright and for a while have said that would be the only reason I would take a year off, but now I am taking a wait and see approach.
When do you make the decision to wait for next cycle/What do you in the interim? Is tutoring okay or should you try to get an in as a paralegal or something of that nature?

What? Go for it. Apply now. See what happens.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”