Character & Fitness Addendum Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
abbottsbar

Bronze

Character & Fitness Addendum

Post by abbottsbar » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:04 pm

Here's what I have, do you all have any suggestions?

1. On or about ___________________, 2000, I was charged with failure to return rental property. This stemmed from a movie that had been rented for a class assignment from a local video rental store. I maintain that I returned the video through the store's after-hours drop box, yet the store owner insisted that the video cassette tape had not been returned. In order to rectify the matter I reimbursed the video store owner the actual cost of the videocassette and matter was finalized Nolle Prosequi.

2. On _________________, 2006, I made a truly terrible life decision and decided to drive home after having drinks with friends after dinner. I was charged with Driving Under the Influence - 1st Offense. I pled guilty to this charge on _________________, 2006. I was sentenced to 30 days imprisonment, with 27 suspended. I served one day in the _____________holding cells, paid all assessed fines, and completed the required Alcohol Safety Action Program. I am truly grateful that I did not injure anyone while driving over the legal limit. Since this time I have never driven after consuming any amount of alcohol.

Gail

Silver

Re: Character & Fitness Addendum

Post by Gail » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:07 pm

abbottsbar wrote:Here's what I have, do you all have any suggestions?

I was charged with failure to return rental property.

You wild man. How did they let you back on the streets?

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:10 pm

lol ^.

but, seriously, what you have is just fine. you may also want to include the location of the offense as well as the name of the court that you went to. (while it may not be 100% necessary, a buddy of mine recieved requests for this sort of info from some of the schools he applied to so it may save some time)

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:23 pm

Any chance you went to any extraneous AA/MADD meetings for the DUI, not required by the court? If so, I would include that information.

abbottsbar

Bronze

Post by abbottsbar » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:47 am

I did attend two MAAD presentations and a half dozen AA meetings.

The failure to return rental property was complete BS, but it is what it is, and it's on my record.

Thanks for the advice

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”