Kind of a Moral Question Here

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Re: Kind of a Moral Question Here

Postby Errzii » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:43 am

Postby IGotMy170 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:44 am

Gail wrote:
IGotMy170 wrote:I don't like to mooch. Nor do I like that I am handed things while most people aren't. That being said, turning down a couple hundred thousand is easier said than done.

You don't really get a choice in that, in fact, it's already been done. You have been handed things while most people haven't.

Your parents seem like incredible people. They probably grew up wanting to do nothing more than have children and provide for them so that they could live life without pain, or worry, or struggle. I wouldn't deny them the opportunity to live out that dream. Talk to them about it, thank them for it, and realize that you are extremely luckier than 99% of the rest of the world.

No doubt I am spoiled. I thank them all of the time. Thanks for the advice and I love the avatar. Derrick Rose needs to win a championship this year.

Postby 09042014 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:46 am

IGotMy170 wrote:Knowing your parents are going to pay for your law school education, would you take a 50% scholarship at UIUC or have your parents foot the bill for full tuition at Northwestern?

Just want to get some thoughts here.

Its worth it for Northwestern even if you have to pay it all yourself. There is a huge gap in job placement. I doubt there is a person at NW who couldn't have gotten a half ride at UIUC.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”