Would this be gross misuse of addendum? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
nyvt

New

Would this be gross misuse of addendum?

Post by nyvt » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:14 pm

deleted - thanks for feedback.
Last edited by nyvt on Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

justinp

Bronze

Re: Would this be gross misuse of addendum?

Post by justinp » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:22 pm

I certainly wouldn't send that. It reads like a bizarre attempt at an excuse.

Find a job and retake.

It won't be the end of the world, and it'll be way better than being stuck in a school you're unhappy with/that will land you in debtor's prison.

Not trying to be an asshole, but that's my take.

Tanicius

Gold

Post by Tanicius » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:24 pm

nyvt wrote:(Am new, pardon me if this is gross misuse of forum as well...) Like many, didn't score anywhere near my PTs. Am applying this cycle (a stretch) and will retake in June but want more than anything to begin school fall '12. Do you think the following addendum would:

1. help, show personality and acknowledge a weakness
2. just make schools think why let her in now if candidate will just retake, let's wait to see what they're capable of

any wisdom/feedback would be most appreciated. thanks!

“We have to talk,” my doctor said to me gravely, looking me square in the face. “This 179 is unacceptable at your age.” The smile speeding across my face neither matched nor suited my doctor’s tone. In the throes of my LSAT preparation, I’d happily accept any association with the figure 179, even if it was my spiking cholesterol.*

This addendum isn’t meant as an excuse for my score but rather a show of intent. With a score landing well below where I expected (a sad tale spun by many a law school applicant), I intend to retake the rest. That said, my desire to begin law school in the fall of 2012 hasn’t been stifled in the slightest. I am plowing forward with every ounce of determination and a conviction that my candidacy is bolstered by the rest of my application, particularly my recommendations, which speak to the qualities I’ve demonstrated that will carry me through law school with great aplomb.

I implore you to take the above into consideration when evaluating my application, to trust that I am capable of a stronger showing on the test and that a 179 is, quite literally, in my blood.

*Blood test results faxable upon request.
Do not use this addendum under any circumstances.

nyvt

New

Post by nyvt » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:25 pm

Fair enough. Addendum deleted. Thanks.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”