deleted

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
postn0bills

deleted

Postby postn0bills » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:22 pm

Thanks for the responses!
Last edited by postn0bills on Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ludo!

Re: Do I need a C&F Addendum?

Postby Ludo! » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:28 pm

This is not serious is it?

postn0bills

Postby postn0bills » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:30 pm

Totally serious. I am the anxious type and want to be certain.

Ludo!

Postby Ludo! » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:32 pm

None of these things have any possibility whatsoever of coming up in any kind of background check. You also don't have to disclose the times you stole paper clips from work or the times you had impure thoughts. YWIA

PizzaShrapnel

Postby PizzaShrapnel » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:35 pm

postn0bills wrote:Totally serious. I am the anxious type and want to be certain.

I'd say you're straight... had something like this happen to me and it wasn't on my record/arrest record. But it was in the dorms, so, maybe, if it's on your student conduct record?

postn0bills

Postby postn0bills » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:36 pm

Thank you for your response, but you don't have to be so condescending. I think my concerns are legitimate, especially for the third situation in terms of a background check. I want to cover everything before potentially wasting three years of my life.

hotspur

Postby hotspur » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:37 pm

postn0bills wrote:There are three minor things that have happened in my life, and I did not get in trouble with the law, but should I disclose them anyway?

1. As a high school student, received a zero for plagiarism, teacher verbally told me it would not be on my record (does high school even matter?)

2. Pulled over for a traffic violation, but the cop let me off with a warning.

3. This is the one I'm most concerned about: during my freshman year of college, I was in a dorm room (not mine) where my friends had just smoked marijuana. I did not smoke. Suddenly police broke down the door, found marijuana and paraphernalia, and arrested my friends. I told them I had not been smoking, and none of the drugs/para belonged to me. My friends confirmed this, and after smelling my breath and asking for my license for my information, they let me go. My friends went to jail and were sentenced to community service, but I never heard from the police again.

Would any of these things in some capacity show up on my record? I know I may seem overly worried here, but I would rather be safe than sorry. Any input is helpful, thanks!

Sounds like an anxious type's ideal situation.

iowalum

Postby iowalum » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:37 pm

Dude, if it makes you feel better, just write about it. Definitely not the first two, but it's not going to hurt you and if it makes you less anxious then just do it.

postn0bills

Postby postn0bills » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:38 pm

PizzaShrapnel wrote:
postn0bills wrote:Totally serious. I am the anxious type and want to be certain.

I'd say you're straight... had something like this happen to me and it wasn't on my record/arrest record. But it was in the dorms, so, maybe, if it's on your student conduct record?

Thank you, I'm not sure that it would be on my student conduct record. The campus police didn't come in, the real police did. My friends later met with school officials, but I received no such notification.

postn0bills

Postby postn0bills » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:39 pm

hotspur wrote:
postn0bills wrote:There are three minor things that have happened in my life, and I did not get in trouble with the law, but should I disclose them anyway?

1. As a high school student, received a zero for plagiarism, teacher verbally told me it would not be on my record (does high school even matter?)

2. Pulled over for a traffic violation, but the cop let me off with a warning.

3. This is the one I'm most concerned about: during my freshman year of college, I was in a dorm room (not mine) where my friends had just smoked marijuana. I did not smoke. Suddenly police broke down the door, found marijuana and paraphernalia, and arrested my friends. I told them I had not been smoking, and none of the drugs/para belonged to me. My friends confirmed this, and after smelling my breath and asking for my license for my information, they let me go. My friends went to jail and were sentenced to community service, but I never heard from the police again.

Would any of these things in some capacity show up on my record? I know I may seem overly worried here, but I would rather be safe than sorry. Any input is helpful, thanks!

Sounds like an anxious type's ideal situation.

HA. that's actually hilarious. i surprisingly did not have a panic attack.

PizzaShrapnel

Postby PizzaShrapnel » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:43 pm

postn0bills wrote:
PizzaShrapnel wrote:

Thank you, I'm not sure that it would be on my student conduct record. The campus police didn't come in, the real police did. My friends later met with school officials, but I received no such notification.

You're all good, furrsure.

postn0bills

Postby postn0bills » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:45 pm

PizzaShrapnel wrote:
postn0bills wrote:
PizzaShrapnel wrote:

You're all good, furrsure.

Thanks, appreciated.

jetissent

Postby jetissent » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:47 pm

You're totally going to be fine without one but given that you said your nervous, call your dean of students and ask if it is on your record. I did the opposite--disclosed something that wasn't on my student record--and it needlessly held up processing of my app at Columbia and Stanford for over a month so make sure you check before you write one.

jeanster

Re: deleted

Postby jeanster » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:54 pm

Love this thread.

What I would give to hear that the OP was arrested last week.

It's nice to know that someone is more nervous about their cycle than I am.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”