I just applied to my first school ever... Need some info

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
IGotMy170

I just applied to my first school ever... Need some info

Postby IGotMy170 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:33 am

It says the school has not requested my report yet? Is that normal? I get the feeling I did it wrong? How long does it take the school to request my report then if this is indeed normal?

rinkrat19

Re: I just applied to my first school ever... Need some info

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:38 am

Did you literally just submit the app tonight?

Hmmm, let's think about this. Do you think the adcomms are sitting around in the admissions office after hours, just waiting for that notification that YOUR application was completed so they could rush to download it? Or do you think it might take them a day or a couple of days until they're ready to download the next batch of applications?

IGotMy170

Postby IGotMy170 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:49 am

rinkrat19 wrote:Did you literally just submit the app tonight?

Hmmm, let's think about this. Do you think the adcomms are sitting around in the admissions office after hours, just waiting for that notification that YOUR application was completed so they could rush to download it? Or do you think it might take them a day or a couple of days until they're ready to download the next batch of applications?

Did some reading up and it seems that the LSAC waits for the school to request a report, instead of just going ahead and sending the report.

That makes no sense to me, so why would I assume that is what happens? If they are going to send it anyway, why wait for the school to request the report? Thanks for the sarcasm though. Sorry about whatever you are bitter about.

omninode

Postby omninode » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:59 am

IGotMy170 wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:Did you literally just submit the app tonight?

Did some reading up and it seems that the LSAC waits for the school to request a report, instead of just going ahead and sending the report.

That makes no sense to me, so why would I assume that is what happens? If they are going to send it anyway, why wait for the school to request the report? Thanks for the sarcasm though. Sorry about whatever you are bitter about.

Seems like you could have figured this out before you created a thread about it. It's a pretty basic part of the application process. Hence the sarcasm.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”