166 --> 171 should I apply to my top choices?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
sco1726

166 --> 171 should I apply to my top choices?

Postby sco1726 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:57 pm

Hi all, first time poster here. Just got my December scores and I got a 171, up from my 166 in October. After I got my October scores I applied to Fordham, BU, BC, Southern California, and Berkeley but none of these were my top choice schools. My GPA is 3.64 and my softs are decent -- do you think I should apply to some T-14 schools now or wait a year? I'm a senior at a very good school but I currently have no job after graduation. It would be extremely helpful if you could tell me my chances at getting in to a T-14 with those stats this late in the cycle. Thanks!

snehpets

Re: 166 --> 171 should I apply to my top choices?

Postby snehpets » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:11 pm

You've probably got a chance at georgetown at the very least, maybe some higher schools as well. you may already know about this, but since you're new: http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com would probably be helpful for you. you can sort each school by the date the applicants sent in their apps and see how they fared.

BeerMaker

Postby BeerMaker » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:00 am

sco1726 wrote:Hi all, first time poster here. Just got my December scores and I got a 171, up from my 166 in October. After I got my October scores I applied to Fordham, BU, BC, Southern California, and Berkeley but none of these were my top choice schools. My GPA is 3.64 and my softs are decent -- do you think I should apply to some T-14 schools now or wait a year? I'm a senior at a very good school but I currently have no job after graduation. It would be extremely helpful if you could tell me my chances at getting in to a T-14 with those stats this late in the cycle. Thanks!

Wait a year. Go save some seals or something. Isn't that the lawyer way?

moneybagsphd

Postby moneybagsphd » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:05 am

BeerMaker wrote:
sco1726 wrote:Hi all, first time poster here. Just got my December scores and I got a 171, up from my 166 in October. After I got my October scores I applied to Fordham, BU, BC, Southern California, and Berkeley but none of these were my top choice schools. My GPA is 3.64 and my softs are decent -- do you think I should apply to some T-14 schools now or wait a year? I'm a senior at a very good school but I currently have no job after graduation. It would be extremely helpful if you could tell me my chances at getting in to a T-14 with those stats this late in the cycle. Thanks!

No, don't listen to this stupid asshole's advice. There is absolutely no harm in applying. Congrats on the score.

BeerMaker

Postby BeerMaker » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:18 am

moneybagsphd wrote:
BeerMaker wrote:

No, don't listen to this stupid asshole's advice. There is absolutely no harm in applying. Congrats on the score.

I was kidding. Go ahead and apply. I think it's always wise to take time off, though. Seal hater.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”