Michigan vs HYS

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
BeerMaker

Bronze
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:01 am

Michigan vs HYS

Postby BeerMaker » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:27 am

Not a flame. Would Michigan be equal in career prospects for someone wanting to practice in the Great Lakes State? I'm from Detroit. Just curious what people thought about this. Obviously HYS are better, but is there a considerable difference? UM is pretty darn good.

User avatar
JamMasterJ

Platinum
Posts: 6657
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Michigan vs HYS

Postby JamMasterJ » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:29 am

closer than anywhere else, but people are still going to lean toward the prestige of having hired an HYS grad

User avatar
zdamico

Bronze
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:57 pm

Re: Michigan vs HYS

Postby zdamico » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:31 am

If you're committed to practicing in Michigan, definitely consider UofM over HYS. If you were to get into one of HYS and UofM, you would likely be getting substantially more money from Michigan, and you would have almost just as good of a chance, if not better, to practice in Michigan!

Good Luck!

Also, ignore the countless people in this thread who will berate you for asking a "stupid question", or not using the search tool, or re-hashing a trite debate.

User avatar
JamMasterJ

Platinum
Posts: 6657
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Michigan vs HYS

Postby JamMasterJ » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:33 am

zdamico wrote:If you're committed to practicing in Michigan, definitely consider UofM over HYS. If you were to get into one of HYS and UofM, you would likely be getting substantially more money from Michigan, and you would have almost just as good of a chance, if not better, to practice in Michigan!

Good Luck!

Also, ignore the countless people in this thread who will berate you for asking a "stupid question", or not using the search tool, or re-hashing a trite debate.

Michigan is merit-based with aid; HYS are need-based, so it's not necessarily going to fall that way

User avatar
Bildungsroman

Platinum
Posts: 5529
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: Michigan vs HYS

Postby Bildungsroman » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:33 am

Judging by the numbers in your profile, you're not going to have to make this choice, so why create the thread?

User avatar
descartesb4thehorse

Silver
Posts: 1145
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Michigan vs HYS

Postby descartesb4thehorse » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:37 am

Bildungsroman wrote:Judging by the numbers in your profile, you're not going to have to make this choice, so why create the thread?


Cause duh? http://youtu.be/VpLLq6WEDNo?t=1m46s

User avatar
JamMasterJ

Platinum
Posts: 6657
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Michigan vs HYS

Postby JamMasterJ » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:39 am

descartesb4thehorse wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:Judging by the numbers in your profile, you're not going to have to make this choice, so why create the thread?


Cause duh? http://youtu.be/VpLLq6WEDNo?t=1m46s

you've watched the whole thing, haven't you?

User avatar
descartesb4thehorse

Silver
Posts: 1145
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Michigan vs HYS

Postby descartesb4thehorse » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:41 am

JamMasterJ wrote:
descartesb4thehorse wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:Judging by the numbers in your profile, you're not going to have to make this choice, so why create the thread?


Cause duh? http://youtu.be/VpLLq6WEDNo?t=1m46s

you've watched the whole thing, haven't you?


And the dubstep remix. http://youtu.be/rnGY07Hlxcs

User avatar
BeerMaker

Bronze
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:01 am

Re: Michigan vs HYS

Postby BeerMaker » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:51 am

Bildungsroman wrote:Judging by the numbers in your profile, you're not going to have to make this choice, so why create the thread?


I plan to retake and get at least a 173+

Not HYS potential, maybe? Still a valid question. I saw nothing comparing UM with HYS in a previous thread.

TMC116

Bronze
Posts: 284
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:08 pm

Re: Michigan vs HYS

Postby TMC116 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:35 pm

Hell, you're below both medians at Michigan. This is an odd thread...

WSJ_Law

Bronze
Posts: 356
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:33 am

Re: Michigan vs HYS

Postby WSJ_Law » Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:08 am

BeerMaker wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:Judging by the numbers in your profile, you're not going to have to make this choice, so why create the thread?


I plan to retake and get at least a 173+

Not HYS potential, maybe? Still a valid question. I saw nothing comparing UM with HYS in a previous thread.


Lol just lol at you

sparty99

Gold
Posts: 1549
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:41 pm

Re: Michigan vs HYS

Postby sparty99 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:14 pm

OP has been posting some stupid-a$$ posts. He posted about ND earlier.

Dude, why don't you just apply to these schools and stop asking these questions. You haven't even been accepted anywhere.

User avatar
BeerMaker

Bronze
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:01 am

Re: Michigan vs HYS

Postby BeerMaker » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:47 pm

sparty99 wrote:OP has been posting some stupid-a$$ posts. He posted about ND earlier.

Dude, why don't you just apply to these schools and stop asking these questions. You haven't even been accepted anywhere.


And looking over your previous posts, I see that you make similar comments on other threads. If you don't like it why do you not ignore it? You'd rather post your hero comment and put a dead thread back to the top. Thank you to those who answered. Sparty, you are the kind of person I hope to never be in class with.

sparty99

Gold
Posts: 1549
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:41 pm

Re: Michigan vs HYS

Postby sparty99 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:51 pm

Dead thread? You posted this on December 23rd and the last comment was on Dec 25th.



Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests