Update Transcripts to Help Scholly Chances? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Cartman

Bronze

Update Transcripts to Help Scholly Chances?

Post by Cartman » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:54 pm

Hi folks,

So I've already sent all of my apps in, and even heard back from a bunch of schools already with accepts, a reject and a couple WL's. Fall grades have just come in and I want to update my transcripts with LSAC, which will automatically send the updates to all schools I've applied to, even ones I've already been accepted to, correct? Some schools have already given out scholarship information, but at least one (my top choice) won't until I send them a fafsa and a lot of information after the start of the new year.

I ask mainly because I got 3 A's and an A+, so I expect the GPA boost to be at least somewhat significant (especially since I'm below most top schools 25%, so every bit counts). Unfortunately, my undergrad won't be sending out the new transcripts until Jan. 9.

Will a new higher GPA from this semesters grades affect my chances at negotiating a scholarship at 1) the school who's yet to do scholarships and 2) the ones who already have?

Also, though I'm almost positive they won't, will schools that already rejected take another look with updated grades?

Lastly, should I email the schools who I have not yet heard a decision from to ask them to wait to consider the updated grades?

Thanks so much for the advice!

target

Silver

Re: Update Transcripts to Help Scholly Chances?

Post by target » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:28 pm

I don't think schools that rejected you would reconsider. I think you are better sending a brief email to schools with pending apps explaining your new grades and saying that you will update your official transcript later.

Gail

Silver

Post by Gail » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:00 am

Relevant to interests. For me.

Should we send that e-mail to those schools? I have my grades and know what the increase would be. It would push me over the median for most and over the 75th for one. Are other people in the similar boat going to do this?

target

Silver

Post by target » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:19 am

Gail wrote:Relevant to interests. For me.

Should we send that e-mail to those schools? I have my grades and know what the increase would be. It would push me over the median for most and over the 75th for one. Are other people in the similar boat going to do this?
If you worry that schools make decisions before you could update your transcript, then sending them a head-up email now will be a good move. Just tell them you are excited with this semester's achievement and want to share your excitement blah blah blah. And, yup, that would be much helpful if your increased GPA put you above the school's median or 75%.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”