Finished first semester at T6...should have done Pod School Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
LawBrah

New

Re: Finished first semester at T6...should have done Pod School

Post by LawBrah » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:42 pm

flcath wrote:Bro don't do pod school. Yeah, it's better than law, but law is shit.

Just suck it up and do a post-bacc and go to med school. In addition to a fabulous life of job security, career portability, high salary, and making women wet themselves at the thought of being seen with you, you will have the opportunity to save lives, and, in doing so, live a meaningful life yourself.

No interest in doing a post-bacc and further drowning in debt on top of law school and future med school. Plus these days there is no guarantee of even getting into an MD school it's just so damn competitive. Unless you are URM or live in Arkansas, Mississippi, etc. you basically have to have at least a 3.7 + 30+ MCAT + quality EC's and leadership, research, etc. that show a real passion towards medicine. It will take 3 years just to get that. Plus I doubt I can break a 30 on my MCAT because science isn't my strong suit. I don't want to do DO because I will likely get familycarepwned with no chance to specialize. And Caribbean is a dead-end because they have a hard time matching these days and also end up getting familycarepwned. At least with podiatry I can see patients and do surgery.....I will have the same title and same job as the guy who graduates first in my class.

I don't care about saving lives....it's all about having a guaranteed job, being called "Doctor", and getting a 200k+ salary. Pod school is the least path of resistance that accomplishes this.

flcath

Silver

Re: Finished first semester at T6...should have done Pod School

Post by flcath » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:31 pm

LawBrah wrote:
flcath wrote:Bro don't do pod school. Yeah, it's better than law, but law is shit.

Just suck it up and do a post-bacc and go to med school. In addition to a fabulous life of job security, career portability, high salary, and making women wet themselves at the thought of being seen with you, you will have the opportunity to save lives, and, in doing so, live a meaningful life yourself.

No interest in doing a post-bacc and further drowning in debt on top of law school and future med school. Plus these days there is no guarantee of even getting into an MD school it's just so damn competitive. Unless you are URM or live in Arkansas, Mississippi, etc. you basically have to have at least a 3.7 + 30+ MCAT + quality EC's and leadership, research, etc. that show a real passion towards medicine. It will take 3 years just to get that. Plus I doubt I can break a 30 on my MCAT because science isn't my strong suit. I don't want to do DO because I will likely get familycarepwned with no chance to specialize. And Caribbean is a dead-end because they have a hard time matching these days and also end up getting familycarepwned. At least with podiatry I can see patients and do surgery.....I will have the same title and same job as the guy who graduates first in my class.

I don't care about saving lives....it's all about having a guaranteed job, being called "Doctor", and getting a 200k+ salary. Pod school is the least path of resistance that accomplishes this.
Everything you said is true true true (esp. the part about getting fucked if you do a post-bacc and still don't get in), but don't listen to ppl who go on and on about how hard the MCAT is.

I got a 33S (11/13/9), and I really didn't prep much (didn't do a course; bought a book but didn't really use it), and if you're at a T6 then you're prolly more intelligent than I am (172 lsat). If I really prepped--on the bio/orgo shit, esp.--I'm confident I could get at least a 36. The kicker for me is that I'm not confident I'd do well in a post-bacc (or in MS, for that matter), which is worlds more difficult than LS.

And dude, debt is meaningless when you're a doctor. No one here's going to argue that LS > Podiatry, I just think you should go for the golden MD.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”