realistic score increase Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
kfeaston

New

realistic score increase

Post by kfeaston » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:38 am

My diagnostic is a 150. Is it possible within the next 2 months to score a 167 for the FEB LSAT? What kind of increases are normal and what not?

tmon

Silver

Re: realistic score increase

Post by tmon » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:43 am

kfeaston wrote:My diagnostic is a 150. Is it possible within the next 2 months to score a 167 for the FEB LSAT? What kind of increases are normal and what not?
That's probably not a "normal" increase, but it's quite possibly attainable if you study well. Check out the LSAT forum here, particularly the thread by Pithypike for study schedule advice and the February study thread for others who are taking that administration. Hopefully you're planning to apply next cycle, since February is pretty late in the game, so if you aren't at your goal then, you might consider postponing to June too. Best of luck!

dkb17xzx

Bronze

Post by dkb17xzx » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:40 am

You have less than two months remaining so I would second tmon's advice and ask you to consider taking the LSAT in June. That being said, if you are hellbent on taking the LSAT in February, consider the following:

- Go through the Powerscore Logic Games Bible. When you do this, do a lot of practice problems - first untimed, then timed. This should take you maybe 5-10 days, depending on your commitment and time availability.
- Take another diagnostic test and see how you end up doing. Make sure you mark all questions you have difficulty with. Try to classify the LG and LR questions. Then focus on these by type.
- I suggest going through the LRB, LGB, and the Manhattan LSAT guides (I didn't use the Manhattan guides but I've heard many positive things) to rectify your weaknesses.
- RC is a different beast - I'm sure there are others who can advise on what to do to improve in such a short time.
- Take tests every 2-3 days and make sure you thoroughly review them. If you are looking on tips on how to review, check out this document by Velocity LSAT: http://www.velocitylsat.com/sites/defau ... y_plan.pdf

Hope it helps.

PersuasiveCharm

New

Post by PersuasiveCharm » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:36 am

kfeaston wrote:My diagnostic is a 150. Is it possible within the next 2 months to score a 167 for the FEB LSAT? What kind of increases are normal and what not?

I went from a 139 to a 154 in two months.... But... It was also summer time and I had NOTHING else to do but drill over practice tests all day...I retook twice and ended up with a 162....So I say, all things are possible.. Depending on what area you are weak in and how quick you pick up on things. I was weak in LG's which is relatively easy to master with repetition.

jetissent

Bronze

Post by jetissent » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:33 am

I won't call it realistic but certainly possible.

I went from 156 completely cold diagonstic in on Sept 1st to a 174 on the Oct test.

Things I had going in my favor--hadn't be on TLS yet so I wasn't nearly as panicked I would have otherwise been. Had lots of free time as I was looking for a job so I bought all of the practice tests and took one a day (two on weekends). You'll know you're doing enough of them when you start to notice how RC and LG inverse difficulty over time. :) Good luck--anythings possible!

kfeaston

New

Post by kfeaston » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:08 am

jetissent wrote:I won't call it realistic but certainly possible.

I went from 156 completely cold diagonstic in on Sept 1st to a 174 on the Oct test.

Things I had going in my favor--hadn't be on TLS yet so I wasn't nearly as panicked I would have otherwise been. Had lots of free time as I was looking for a job so I bought all of the practice tests and took one a day (two on weekends). You'll know you're doing enough of them when you start to notice how RC and LG inverse difficulty over time. :) Good luck--anythings possible!

I've noticed that the tests seem a lot easier than the early 90's LSATs. I have been doing the early ones and then I downloaded the one on LSAC (June 2007) and I was for the first time, able to complete logic games, which never happened before and i did 6 raw point better on that test than all 9 others I've taken!

I have been doing a PT every day as its only been 11 days since I took my diagnostic, I have been putting in 12 hours a day studying as I don't start my job till next month. I just bought Logic games bible today and have it open now reading.

I hope I can make an increase that high! What is the current raw score conversion anyways? I want to have a raw number to aim for, it is easier with raw number in excel sheet

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”