Parallel the Reasoning and Principle Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
kfeaston

New

Parallel the Reasoning and Principle

Post by kfeaston » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:18 am

I cannot understand how to diagram these out. I look at the ones in the princeton review and the examples they use are way easier than the ones I see on the PT's.

Can someone please explain to me how to diagram a PTR?
Please not an easy one like A->B B->C C->A type I mean the harder confusing ones that are like a paragraph long.

The principle questions too.

Thanks

bp shinners

Gold

Re: Parallel the Reasoning and Principle

Post by bp shinners » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:58 pm

It's hard to diagram something without being able to publish it. However, there are certain keywords that indicate necessity and sufficiency. When you're in a question type that lends itself to diagramming (sufficient assumption, parallel, must be true are the top 3), you want to look for those keywords. Take it one statement at a time, making sure to check each one after you're done for accuracy.

Any particular questions from PTs you were having issues with? If you post the test, section, and question, we can probably post a diagram.

Campagnolo

Silver

Post by Campagnolo » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:10 pm

Principle questions function like assumption questions, if that helps. You supply the premise that makes the conclusion follow.

Parallel the reasoning is more of an art than I science, I would say. Drill 'em like crazy and you'll figure it out.

kfeaston

New

Post by kfeaston » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:02 am

bp shinners wrote:It's hard to diagram something without being able to publish it. However, there are certain keywords that indicate necessity and sufficiency. When you're in a question type that lends itself to diagramming (sufficient assumption, parallel, must be true are the top 3), you want to look for those keywords. Take it one statement at a time, making sure to check each one after you're done for accuracy.

Any particular questions from PTs you were having issues with? If you post the test, section, and question, we can probably post a diagram.

Feb 1993 Form 3LSS18 section 4 #25 that would be a great example of a confusing one in how to diagram

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”