LSAC still hasnt updated corrected transcript

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

LSAC still hasnt updated corrected transcript

Postby 0000001 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:18 am

I had an error on my transcript (from the community college I took classes at over the summer while in undergrad) that listed a Withdraw as an F. It took the community college until the beginning of December to fix my grade and LSAC still hasn't updated my account. (I had the community college submit my corrected transcript twice since the beginning of the month in case one was lost or processed incorrectly)
Last edited by 0000001 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blessedassurance

Re: LSAC still hasnt updated corrected transcript

Postby Blessedassurance » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:24 am

You should call LSAC.

cutecarmel

Postby cutecarmel » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:57 pm

How long ago did you have your transcript sent? LSAC took a long time to process mine and I had it done at the end of the summer. They must be loaded down with things now, so it will probably take them a while.

I would submit and let them know the situation. By the time they get to your application next year, LSAC should have updated your transcript....hopefully

Samara

Postby Samara » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:58 pm

0000001 wrote:I had an error on my transcript (from the community college I took classes at over the summer while in undergrad) that listed a Withdraw as an F. It took the community college until the beginning of December to fix my grade and LSAC still hasn't updated my account. (I had the community college submit my corrected transcript twice since the beginning of the month in case one was lost or processed incorrectly)

I'm a pretty heavy splitter (175, 3.3) with 3 yrs of work experience in the legal field and with the F my UGPA goes down to a 3.1. I submitted a few applications with an addendum telling them the situation but I'm wondering if I should submit all of them since its getting so late or if I should wait until my transcript gets updated on LSAC before I submit the rest of my applications.

We are practically numbers twins. Don't stress about it and submit your apps immediately. The difference between a 3.1 and a 3.3 is minimal, if nearly nonexistent as there aren't really any GPA floors at 3.1 - 3.3. If you're feeling nervous about it, send an email to each school explaining the situation. Also keep in mind that there is a lot of process time on the apps. Even if it takes two more weeks for LSAC to correct the error, you might be under review, but you won't have any decisions yet.

mowmissy

Postby mowmissy » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:17 am

I just had my last community college transcript sent out last Wednesday and LSAC has updated my profile today with the info. (Roughly 5 business day turnaround, impressive!) Call them asap!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”