Lowest LSAT score you've heard of getting into _____ school? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Gold

Re: Lowest LSAT score you've heard of getting into _____ school?

Post by 094320 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:08 pm

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:10 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:@IAFG: Earlier in this thread you posted that your class at Northwestern has a student with an LSAT in the 140s so I find it odd that you are reluctant to believe that a member of your class from TFA has a 153.

Also, LSN is a very small group of members who share numbers & results, but not necessarily other background info. such as TFA status.
I believe a person got in with a 153 and was a white TFA alum. I don't believe that constitutes an admissions practice (like admitting sub3.0 splitters is). We have years and years of cycles documented on TLS, LSN and other boards before that. We have a pretty good grasp of what makes a difference and what doesn't. I am open to the possibility of being wrong but you're going to have to produce more than one data point to counter many more TFA TLSers who had numbers-appropriate cycles.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:13 pm

As I wrote earlier, start with your own admissions office.

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:19 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:As I wrote earlier, start with your own admissions office.
As I said earlier, you are full of shit. Or worse, you believe their shit. Sullivan and Cromwell recruits at my school. They get a hospitality suite and give away neat swag. If you asked a recruiter they would say, yeah, we definitely want Northwestern students. But that doesn't mean they're seeking out median students here any more than Northwestern is going to admit lots of TFA 15Xs. Recruiting a group doesn't mean being unselective within that group, rare exceptions aside.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:21 pm

You seem to be a very angry person. Nice story, but TFA is still a strong soft admissions boost. No need to take my word, just ask your own admissions officers. Or go across town & ask Chicago admissions or search the schools' websites that I noted earlier.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

viacavour

New

Post by viacavour » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:24 pm

There's a lot of unnecessary anger ITT

I'm not sure why people care so much - if you are TFA then great, you have a good to strong soft
If you aren't then whats the big deal?

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:25 pm

Agreed.

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:34 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:You seem to be a very angry person. Nice story, but TFA is still a strong soft admissions boost. No need to take my word, just ask your own admissions officers. Or go across town & ask Chicago admissions or search the schools' websites that I noted earlier.
I'm not angry in the least, actually I'm just bored in a long intersession class (if I were angry, I don't know what it would matter?). Generally, when I see people saying incorrect things that are unsubstantiated, I point out that they're wrong. That's how we develop conventional wisdom. If you had some great compelling counter-evidence, then you would be doing a great thing by correcting a misconception, but instead you're just parroting back law school propaganda and one outlier.

Again, I am not angry about you being wrong, or about you repeating wrong things over and over, or even about you mischaracterizing what I said. I'm just correcting you. Nothing personal bro.

Snape

Bronze

Post by Snape » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:38 pm

Schools Like NU--and every T-14 school receive at least 100+ applications from TFA alum each year...probably much more. Often these candidates already have higher or at least equal LSATs and GPAs as non-TFA. I would be willing to bet Harvard gets 500+ TFA alumni applicants each year....anyone who thinks TFA does anything more than give a slight (very slight) boost as a soft factor just has no idea what they are talking about and has no real experience with law school admissions....If I were them, Id spend the time that he/she spent writing these ludicrous comments on studying harder for the LSAT, raising their GPA, or doing something worthwhile so that they have some sort of soft factor to be proud of.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Jah'rakal

Bronze

Post by Jah'rakal » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:40 pm

IAFG wrote:
CanadianWolf wrote:You seem to be a very angry person. Nice story, but TFA is still a strong soft admissions boost. No need to take my word, just ask your own admissions officers. Or go across town & ask Chicago admissions or search the schools' websites that I noted earlier.
I'm not angry in the least, actually I'm just bored in a long intersession class (if I were angry, I don't know what it would matter?). Generally, when I see people saying incorrect things that are unsubstantiated, I point out that they're wrong. That's how we develop conventional wisdom. If you had some great compelling counter-evidence, then you would be doing a great thing by correcting a misconception, but instead you're just parroting back law school propaganda and one outlier.

Again, I am not angry about you being wrong, or about you repeating wrong things over and over, or even about you mischaracterizing what I said. I'm just correcting you. Nothing personal bro.
u r so mad bro

JDizzle2015

Silver

Post by JDizzle2015 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:14 pm

Snape wrote:Schools Like NU--and every T-14 school receive at least 100+ applications from TFA alum each year...probably much more. Often these candidates already have higher or at least equal LSATs and GPAs as non-TFA. I would be willing to bet Harvard gets 500+ TFA alumni applicants each year....anyone who thinks TFA does anything more than give a slight (very slight) boost as a soft factor just has no idea what they are talking about and has no real experience with law school admissions....If I were them, Id spend the time that he/she spent writing these ludicrous comments on studying harder for the LSAT, raising their GPA, or doing something worthwhile so that they have some sort of soft factor to be proud of.
Most of us here are just waiting for decisions/taking a break from playing outside so all there is to do is to get angry on TLS but I support your sentiments.

Opie

Silver

Post by Opie » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:16 pm

MormonChristian wrote:U of Illinois wasn't requiring an LSAT for entrance into their law school for a select few individuals.

thus I think a 0 on the LSAT is the lowest :roll:

Do I win a prize? :shock:
It's okay because they counted them as 180s. :wink:

thederangedwang

Silver

Post by thederangedwang » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:20 pm

IAFG wrote:

if for every time u used the word shit u got a pt on the lsat...u would have a 180

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Roza P

New

Post by Roza P » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:39 pm

sooo back to low lsats and crazy acceptances.... just heard of a kid with 149 to Miami

BTW that kid is so mad

Jasper21

New

Post by Jasper21 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:43 pm

159 at Harvard

SchopenhauerFTW

Gold

Post by SchopenhauerFTW » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:59 pm

I hope this thread doesn't encourage people to apply to places they don't have a chance at.

MormonChristian

Bronze

Post by MormonChristian » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:22 pm

Jasper21 wrote:159 at Harvard

I have heard that too. Any evidence?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

MormonChristian

Bronze

Post by MormonChristian » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:26 pm

Opie wrote:
MormonChristian wrote:U of Illinois wasn't requiring an LSAT for entrance into their law school for a select few individuals.

thus I think a 0 on the LSAT is the lowest :roll:

Do I win a prize? :shock:
It's okay because they counted them as 180s. :wink:

They should be on probation for what they have done with admission numbers.

http://abovethelaw.com/2011/09/illinois ... e-thought/

moneybagsphd

Silver

Post by moneybagsphd » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:39 pm

SchopenhauerFTW wrote: 165, 2.3 GPA, Golden Gate University.
That's 9 points higher than their 75th.

mmcrowle

New

Post by mmcrowle » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:04 pm

I'm working as an administrative assistant in a small law firm over winter break, and I work with this lovely paralegal. She's studying to re-take the LSAT (I'm studying with her in my free time), which she previously got a 155 on.

She claims she got into Chicago, Michgian, Duke, Vanderbilt, and Cooley with a 155/3.6. She's re-taking the LSAT to get a full ride to Cooley because "You know, at the end of the day, a law degree from Cooley is still a law degree. Doesn't really matter where you get it".

I'm going to assume she's full of goose poop and making up the other acceptances. There's just no way.

SchopenhauerFTW

Gold

Post by SchopenhauerFTW » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:07 pm

moneybagsphd wrote:
SchopenhauerFTW wrote: 165, 2.3 GPA, Golden Gate University.
That's 9 points higher than their 75th.
Life is strange.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Jasper21

New

Post by Jasper21 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:07 pm

MormonChristian wrote:
Jasper21 wrote:159 at Harvard

I have heard that too. Any evidence?
I saw it on LSN for the 2009-2010 cycle before it was taken down...The person had a 3.51 GPA also

WSJ_Law

Bronze

Post by WSJ_Law » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:37 am

Bildungsroman wrote:
CanadianWolf wrote: I find it odd that you are reluctant to believe that a member of your class from TFA has a 153.
Are you illiterate?
+1 you seem dumb and aspie

WSJ_Law

Bronze

Post by WSJ_Law » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:39 am

viacavour wrote:There's a lot of unnecessary anger ITT

I'm not sure why people care so much - if you are TFA then great, you have a good to strong soft
If you aren't then whats the big deal?
You're an idiot there are no TTTFA quotas lol just lol at you

Mr. Pancakes

Silver

Post by Mr. Pancakes » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:52 am

Roza P wrote:sooo back to low lsats and crazy acceptances.... just heard of a kid with 149 to Miami

BTW that kid is so mad
URM? I've heard of UM rejecting people in the 160s.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”