Lowest LSAT score you've heard of getting into _____ school?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
acrossthelake
Posts: 4432
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:27 pm

Re: Lowest LSAT score you've heard of getting into _____ school?

Postby acrossthelake » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:08 pm

There are several TFA posters on here who have reported that their cycles basically went by the numbers. It's a soft, and a decently strong soft, which should help at the edges. I can see someone who would've been borderline/waitlist just getting in because of TFA, but not someone with reject numbers. Those who get in with TFA with reject numbers probably had something else additionally going for them.

User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Lowest LSAT score you've heard of getting into _____ school?

Postby IAFG » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:10 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:@IAFG: Earlier in this thread you posted that your class at Northwestern has a student with an LSAT in the 140s so I find it odd that you are reluctant to believe that a member of your class from TFA has a 153.

Also, LSN is a very small group of members who share numbers & results, but not necessarily other background info. such as TFA status.

I believe a person got in with a 153 and was a white TFA alum. I don't believe that constitutes an admissions practice (like admitting sub3.0 splitters is). We have years and years of cycles documented on TLS, LSN and other boards before that. We have a pretty good grasp of what makes a difference and what doesn't. I am open to the possibility of being wrong but you're going to have to produce more than one data point to counter many more TFA TLSers who had numbers-appropriate cycles.

CanadianWolf
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Lowest LSAT score you've heard of getting into _____ school?

Postby CanadianWolf » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:13 pm

As I wrote earlier, start with your own admissions office.

User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Lowest LSAT score you've heard of getting into _____ school?

Postby IAFG » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:19 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:As I wrote earlier, start with your own admissions office.

As I said earlier, you are full of shit. Or worse, you believe their shit. Sullivan and Cromwell recruits at my school. They get a hospitality suite and give away neat swag. If you asked a recruiter they would say, yeah, we definitely want Northwestern students. But that doesn't mean they're seeking out median students here any more than Northwestern is going to admit lots of TFA 15Xs. Recruiting a group doesn't mean being unselective within that group, rare exceptions aside.

CanadianWolf
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Lowest LSAT score you've heard of getting into _____ school?

Postby CanadianWolf » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:21 pm

You seem to be a very angry person. Nice story, but TFA is still a strong soft admissions boost. No need to take my word, just ask your own admissions officers. Or go across town & ask Chicago admissions or search the schools' websites that I noted earlier.

viacavour
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: Lowest LSAT score you've heard of getting into _____ school?

Postby viacavour » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:24 pm

There's a lot of unnecessary anger ITT

I'm not sure why people care so much - if you are TFA then great, you have a good to strong soft
If you aren't then whats the big deal?

CanadianWolf
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Lowest LSAT score you've heard of getting into _____ school?

Postby CanadianWolf » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:25 pm

Agreed.

User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Lowest LSAT score you've heard of getting into _____ school?

Postby IAFG » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:34 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:You seem to be a very angry person. Nice story, but TFA is still a strong soft admissions boost. No need to take my word, just ask your own admissions officers. Or go across town & ask Chicago admissions or search the schools' websites that I noted earlier.

I'm not angry in the least, actually I'm just bored in a long intersession class (if I were angry, I don't know what it would matter?). Generally, when I see people saying incorrect things that are unsubstantiated, I point out that they're wrong. That's how we develop conventional wisdom. If you had some great compelling counter-evidence, then you would be doing a great thing by correcting a misconception, but instead you're just parroting back law school propaganda and one outlier.

Again, I am not angry about you being wrong, or about you repeating wrong things over and over, or even about you mischaracterizing what I said. I'm just correcting you. Nothing personal bro.

Snape
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:51 pm

Re: Lowest LSAT score you've heard of getting into _____ school?

Postby Snape » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:38 pm

Schools Like NU--and every T-14 school receive at least 100+ applications from TFA alum each year...probably much more. Often these candidates already have higher or at least equal LSATs and GPAs as non-TFA. I would be willing to bet Harvard gets 500+ TFA alumni applicants each year....anyone who thinks TFA does anything more than give a slight (very slight) boost as a soft factor just has no idea what they are talking about and has no real experience with law school admissions....If I were them, Id spend the time that he/she spent writing these ludicrous comments on studying harder for the LSAT, raising their GPA, or doing something worthwhile so that they have some sort of soft factor to be proud of.

User avatar
Jah'rakal
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: Lowest LSAT score you've heard of getting into _____ school?

Postby Jah'rakal » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:40 pm

IAFG wrote:
CanadianWolf wrote:You seem to be a very angry person. Nice story, but TFA is still a strong soft admissions boost. No need to take my word, just ask your own admissions officers. Or go across town & ask Chicago admissions or search the schools' websites that I noted earlier.

I'm not angry in the least, actually I'm just bored in a long intersession class (if I were angry, I don't know what it would matter?). Generally, when I see people saying incorrect things that are unsubstantiated, I point out that they're wrong. That's how we develop conventional wisdom. If you had some great compelling counter-evidence, then you would be doing a great thing by correcting a misconception, but instead you're just parroting back law school propaganda and one outlier.

Again, I am not angry about you being wrong, or about you repeating wrong things over and over, or even about you mischaracterizing what I said. I'm just correcting you. Nothing personal bro.


u r so mad bro

User avatar
JDizzle2015
Posts: 638
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:16 pm

Re: Lowest LSAT score you've heard of getting into _____ school?

Postby JDizzle2015 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:14 pm

Snape wrote:Schools Like NU--and every T-14 school receive at least 100+ applications from TFA alum each year...probably much more. Often these candidates already have higher or at least equal LSATs and GPAs as non-TFA. I would be willing to bet Harvard gets 500+ TFA alumni applicants each year....anyone who thinks TFA does anything more than give a slight (very slight) boost as a soft factor just has no idea what they are talking about and has no real experience with law school admissions....If I were them, Id spend the time that he/she spent writing these ludicrous comments on studying harder for the LSAT, raising their GPA, or doing something worthwhile so that they have some sort of soft factor to be proud of.

Most of us here are just waiting for decisions/taking a break from playing outside so all there is to do is to get angry on TLS but I support your sentiments.

User avatar
Opie
Posts: 1356
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:27 pm

Re: Lowest LSAT score you've heard of getting into _____ school?

Postby Opie » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:16 pm

MormonChristian wrote:U of Illinois wasn't requiring an LSAT for entrance into their law school for a select few individuals.

thus I think a 0 on the LSAT is the lowest :roll:

Do I win a prize? :shock:


It's okay because they counted them as 180s. :wink:

thederangedwang
Posts: 1124
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:44 pm

Re: Lowest LSAT score you've heard of getting into _____ school?

Postby thederangedwang » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:20 pm

IAFG wrote:
CanadianWolf wrote:You seem to be a very angry person. Nice story, but TFA is still a strong soft admissions boost. No need to take my word, just ask your own admissions officers. Or go across town & ask Chicago admissions or search the schools' websites that I noted earlier.

I'm not angry in the least, actually I'm just bored in a long intersession class (if I were angry, I don't know what it would matter?). Generally, when I see people saying incorrect things that are unsubstantiated, I point out that they're wrong. That's how we develop conventional wisdom. If you had some great compelling counter-evidence, then you would be doing a great thing by correcting a misconception, but instead you're just parroting back law school propaganda and one outlier.

Again, I am not angry about you being wrong, or about you repeating wrong things over and over, or even about you mischaracterizing what I said. I'm just correcting you. Nothing personal bro.

if for every time u used the word shit u got a pt on the lsat...u would have a 180

User avatar
Roza P
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:30 pm

Re: Lowest LSAT score you've heard of getting into _____ school?

Postby Roza P » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:39 pm

sooo back to low lsats and crazy acceptances.... just heard of a kid with 149 to Miami

BTW that kid is so mad

Jasper21
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:42 am

Re: Lowest LSAT score you've heard of getting into _____ school?

Postby Jasper21 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:43 pm

159 at Harvard

SchopenhauerFTW
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: Lowest LSAT score you've heard of getting into _____ school?

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:59 pm

I hope this thread doesn't encourage people to apply to places they don't have a chance at.

User avatar
MormonChristian
Posts: 214
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:33 pm

Re: Lowest LSAT score you've heard of getting into _____ school?

Postby MormonChristian » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:22 pm

Jasper21 wrote:159 at Harvard



I have heard that too. Any evidence?

User avatar
MormonChristian
Posts: 214
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:33 pm

Re: Lowest LSAT score you've heard of getting into _____ school?

Postby MormonChristian » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:26 pm

Opie wrote:
MormonChristian wrote:U of Illinois wasn't requiring an LSAT for entrance into their law school for a select few individuals.

thus I think a 0 on the LSAT is the lowest :roll:

Do I win a prize? :shock:


It's okay because they counted them as 180s. :wink:



They should be on probation for what they have done with admission numbers.

http://abovethelaw.com/2011/09/illinois ... e-thought/

User avatar
moneybagsphd
Posts: 889
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:07 pm

Re: Lowest LSAT score you've heard of getting into _____ school?

Postby moneybagsphd » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:39 pm

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:165, 2.3 GPA, Golden Gate University.

That's 9 points higher than their 75th.

User avatar
mmcrowle
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:18 pm

Re: Lowest LSAT score you've heard of getting into _____ school?

Postby mmcrowle » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:04 pm

I'm working as an administrative assistant in a small law firm over winter break, and I work with this lovely paralegal. She's studying to re-take the LSAT (I'm studying with her in my free time), which she previously got a 155 on.

She claims she got into Chicago, Michgian, Duke, Vanderbilt, and Cooley with a 155/3.6. She's re-taking the LSAT to get a full ride to Cooley because "You know, at the end of the day, a law degree from Cooley is still a law degree. Doesn't really matter where you get it".

I'm going to assume she's full of goose poop and making up the other acceptances. There's just no way.

SchopenhauerFTW
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: Lowest LSAT score you've heard of getting into _____ school?

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:07 pm

moneybagsphd wrote:
SchopenhauerFTW wrote:165, 2.3 GPA, Golden Gate University.

That's 9 points higher than their 75th.

Life is strange.

Jasper21
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:42 am

Re: Lowest LSAT score you've heard of getting into _____ school?

Postby Jasper21 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:07 pm

MormonChristian wrote:
Jasper21 wrote:159 at Harvard



I have heard that too. Any evidence?


I saw it on LSN for the 2009-2010 cycle before it was taken down...The person had a 3.51 GPA also

WSJ_Law
Posts: 356
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:33 am

Re: Lowest LSAT score you've heard of getting into _____ school?

Postby WSJ_Law » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:37 am

Bildungsroman wrote:
CanadianWolf wrote: I find it odd that you are reluctant to believe that a member of your class from TFA has a 153.

Are you illiterate?


+1 you seem dumb and aspie

WSJ_Law
Posts: 356
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:33 am

Re: Lowest LSAT score you've heard of getting into _____ school?

Postby WSJ_Law » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:39 am

viacavour wrote:There's a lot of unnecessary anger ITT

I'm not sure why people care so much - if you are TFA then great, you have a good to strong soft
If you aren't then whats the big deal?


You're an idiot there are no TTTFA quotas lol just lol at you

User avatar
Mr. Pancakes
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: Lowest LSAT score you've heard of getting into _____ school?

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:52 am

Roza P wrote:sooo back to low lsats and crazy acceptances.... just heard of a kid with 149 to Miami

BTW that kid is so mad


URM? I've heard of UM rejecting people in the 160s.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Lordcarnus123, Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests