so incredibly behind on my applications...

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
dolphin
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:34 pm

so incredibly behind on my applications...

Postby dolphin » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:58 pm

Problem solved
Last edited by dolphin on Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JDizzle2015
Posts: 638
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:16 pm

Re: so incredibly behind on my applications...

Postby JDizzle2015 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:43 pm

Get off TLS and finish your apps. Don't form a support group. Just get your stuff done if you want to apply for this cycle.

(I know I sound like a buzzkill but mid-December is really pushing it if you're still working on your essays since that is something completely under your control.)

User avatar
theadvancededit
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:31 pm

Re: so incredibly behind on my applications...

Postby theadvancededit » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:45 pm

JDizzle2015 wrote:Get off TLS and finish your apps. Don't form a support group. Just get your stuff done if you want to apply for this cycle.

(I know I sound like a buzzkill but mid-December is really pushing it if you're still working on your essays since that is something completely under your control.)


+1.

You really have to get cracking on your essays if you want to make this cycle. Ideally, you should have a game-plan in place to stay organized (and not flip out).

I wrote a post recently on how you can get a rough outline together of when and what needs to be done. Check it out here: --LinkRemoved--

Now, get off TLS!

z0rk
Posts: 328
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:11 pm

Re: so incredibly behind on my applications...

Postby z0rk » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:00 am

JDizzle2015 wrote:Get off TLS and finish your apps. Don't form a support group. Just get your stuff done if you want to apply for this cycle.

(I know I sound like a buzzkill but mid-December is really pushing it if you're still working on your essays since that is something completely under your control.)


This.

No sense in commiserating and seeking out others who are in the same position to make yourself feel better. You won't find coddling here, just some good honest feedback that pushes you to do whats necessary. Get on those apps double time! Good luck.

pret
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:07 pm

Re: so incredibly behind on my applications...

Postby pret » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:38 pm

I certainly hope you're on top of the other parts of your application, especially lors since they can take so much time to get done.

User avatar
cutecarmel
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:39 pm

Re: so incredibly behind on my applications...

Postby cutecarmel » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:06 am

+1

If you haven't finished your essays, you probably shouldn't be wasting time on this site. Its a lot of hard work and you've already procrastinated enough. I had my PS about done before schools even opened the applications. I am a bit of an over-achiever, but I still feel like mid-December is a bit late to START getting support for finishing apps.

JDizzle2015 wrote:Get off TLS and finish your apps. Don't form a support group. Just get your stuff done if you want to apply for this cycle.

(I know I sound like a buzzkill but mid-December is really pushing it if you're still working on your essays since that is something completely under your control.)

User avatar
fashiongirl
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:30 am

Re: so incredibly behind on my applications...

Postby fashiongirl » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:51 pm

Just wanted to let you know that I am also working on my personal statement. Since I took the Dec LSAT (my first time taking it so I don't have a previous score) I am just taking my time with my statement. Everything else is finished and I have a few tweaks to make with my PS and I'm done. Just wanted to let you know you're not alone:)

dolphin
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:34 pm

Re: so incredibly behind on my applications...

Postby dolphin » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:25 pm

fashiongirl wrote:Just wanted to let you know that I am also working on my personal statement. Since I took the Dec LSAT (my first time taking it so I don't have a previous score) I am just taking my time with my statement. Everything else is finished and I have a few tweaks to make with my PS and I'm done. Just wanted to let you know you're not alone:)


Thank you for this:) Hope your cycle is going well!

User avatar
Jaeger
Posts: 391
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:30 pm

Re: so incredibly behind on my applications...

Postby Jaeger » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:47 am

dolphin wrote:
fashiongirl wrote:Just wanted to let you know that I am also working on my personal statement. Since I took the Dec LSAT (my first time taking it so I don't have a previous score) I am just taking my time with my statement. Everything else is finished and I have a few tweaks to make with my PS and I'm done. Just wanted to let you know you're not alone:)


Thank you for this:) Hope your cycle is going well!


wtf?

User avatar
tmon
Posts: 1242
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:52 pm

Re: so incredibly behind on my applications...

Postby tmon » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:54 am

I sure hope you don't have schools on your list where your numbers borderline for admissions. Or at least that you've already written off having a chance at getting into them.

thederangedwang
Posts: 1124
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:44 pm

Re: so incredibly behind on my applications...

Postby thederangedwang » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:00 am

fashiongirl wrote:Just wanted to let you know that I am also working on my personal statement. Since I took the Dec LSAT (my first time taking it so I don't have a previous score) I am just taking my time with my statement. Everything else is finished and I have a few tweaks to make with my PS and I'm done. Just wanted to let you know you're not alone:)

it would be better if she was alone

sandiego222
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:21 pm

Re: so incredibly behind on my applications...

Postby sandiego222 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:18 am

I feel like these forums sometimes overstate the timing of the application process. I'm sure it's important... but for example, I applied to a T-14 one week before the deadline and got an acceptance three weeks later. Around median LSAT and below its median GPA

User avatar
seahawk32
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:19 pm

Re: so incredibly behind on my applications...

Postby seahawk32 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:15 pm

Apply to Yale.

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: so incredibly behind on my applications...

Postby 03121202698008 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:21 pm

It is very very late to apply this cycle. Even if you apply today I'd be prepared to reapply next year.

dolphin
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:34 pm

Re: so incredibly behind on my applications...

Postby dolphin » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:16 pm

03121202698008 wrote:It is very very late to apply this cycle. Even if you apply today I'd be prepared to reapply next year.


So far:
Rejected at Penn
Waitlisted at Texas
Accepted at NYU, Georgetown, UVA, Michigan, Berkeley, Stanford, UCLA, USC
Held at Harvard and Columbia
Radio silence from Yale

dolphin
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:34 pm

Re: so incredibly behind on my applications...

Postby dolphin » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:49 pm

sandiego222 wrote:I feel like these forums sometimes overstate the timing of the application process. I'm sure it's important... but for example, I applied to a T-14 one week before the deadline and got an acceptance three weeks later. Around median LSAT and below its median GPA


Definitely true in my case. I had ruled out getting into a top school for next year and was accepted to Stanford.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bellaboo, bleakchimera2, dan9257, Google [Bot], UVA2B, YANGYUEYU0817 and 7 guests