so incredibly behind on my applications... Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
dolphin

New

so incredibly behind on my applications...

Post by dolphin » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:58 pm

Problem solved
Last edited by dolphin on Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JDizzle2015

Silver

Re: so incredibly behind on my applications...

Post by JDizzle2015 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:43 pm

Get off TLS and finish your apps. Don't form a support group. Just get your stuff done if you want to apply for this cycle.

(I know I sound like a buzzkill but mid-December is really pushing it if you're still working on your essays since that is something completely under your control.)

theadvancededit

Bronze

Post by theadvancededit » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:45 pm

JDizzle2015 wrote:Get off TLS and finish your apps. Don't form a support group. Just get your stuff done if you want to apply for this cycle.

(I know I sound like a buzzkill but mid-December is really pushing it if you're still working on your essays since that is something completely under your control.)
+1.

You really have to get cracking on your essays if you want to make this cycle. Ideally, you should have a game-plan in place to stay organized (and not flip out).

I wrote a post recently on how you can get a rough outline together of when and what needs to be done. Check it out here: --LinkRemoved--

Now, get off TLS!

z0rk

Bronze

Post by z0rk » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:00 am

JDizzle2015 wrote:Get off TLS and finish your apps. Don't form a support group. Just get your stuff done if you want to apply for this cycle.

This.

No sense in commiserating and seeking out others who are in the same position to make yourself feel better. You won't find coddling here, just some good honest feedback that pushes you to do whats necessary. Get on those apps double time! Good luck.

pret

Bronze

Post by pret » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:38 pm

I certainly hope you're on top of the other parts of your application, especially lors since they can take so much time to get done.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cutecarmel

Silver

Post by cutecarmel » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:06 am

+1

If you haven't finished your essays, you probably shouldn't be wasting time on this site. Its a lot of hard work and you've already procrastinated enough. I had my PS about done before schools even opened the applications. I am a bit of an over-achiever, but I still feel like mid-December is a bit late to START getting support for finishing apps.

fashiongirl

Bronze

Post by fashiongirl » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:51 pm

Just wanted to let you know that I am also working on my personal statement. Since I took the Dec LSAT (my first time taking it so I don't have a previous score) I am just taking my time with my statement. Everything else is finished and I have a few tweaks to make with my PS and I'm done. Just wanted to let you know you're not alone:)

dolphin

New

Post by dolphin » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:25 pm

fashiongirl wrote:Just wanted to let you know that I am also working on my personal statement. Since I took the Dec LSAT (my first time taking it so I don't have a previous score) I am just taking my time with my statement. Everything else is finished and I have a few tweaks to make with my PS and I'm done. Just wanted to let you know you're not alone:)
Thank you for this:) Hope your cycle is going well!

Jaeger

Bronze

Post by Jaeger » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:47 am

dolphin wrote:
fashiongirl wrote:Just wanted to let you know that I am also working on my personal statement. Since I took the Dec LSAT (my first time taking it so I don't have a previous score) I am just taking my time with my statement. Everything else is finished and I have a few tweaks to make with my PS and I'm done. Just wanted to let you know you're not alone:)
Thank you for this:) Hope your cycle is going well!
wtf?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

tmon

Silver

Post by tmon » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:54 am

I sure hope you don't have schools on your list where your numbers borderline for admissions. Or at least that you've already written off having a chance at getting into them.

thederangedwang

Silver

Post by thederangedwang » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:00 am

it would be better if she was alone

sandiego222

Bronze

Post by sandiego222 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:18 am

I feel like these forums sometimes overstate the timing of the application process. I'm sure it's important... but for example, I applied to a T-14 one week before the deadline and got an acceptance three weeks later. Around median LSAT and below its median GPA

seahawk32

Bronze

Post by seahawk32 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:15 pm

Apply to Yale.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Gold

Post by 03121202698008 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:21 pm

It is very very late to apply this cycle. Even if you apply today I'd be prepared to reapply next year.

dolphin

New

Post by dolphin » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:16 pm

03121202698008 wrote:It is very very late to apply this cycle. Even if you apply today I'd be prepared to reapply next year.
So far:
Rejected at Penn
Waitlisted at Texas
Accepted at NYU, Georgetown, UVA, Michigan, Berkeley, Stanford, UCLA, USC
Held at Harvard and Columbia
Radio silence from Yale

dolphin

New

Post by dolphin » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:49 pm

sandiego222 wrote:I feel like these forums sometimes overstate the timing of the application process. I'm sure it's important... but for example, I applied to a T-14 one week before the deadline and got an acceptance three weeks later. Around median LSAT and below its median GPA
Definitely true in my case. I had ruled out getting into a top school for next year and was accepted to Stanford.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”