PA or west cost Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
soitgoes9

Bronze

PA or west cost

Post by soitgoes9 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:57 pm

I want to work either in PA on the west cost. 164/3.73 Am i missing any applications? Am i over looking a school I should apply to Hastings for example? I am a PA resident for tuition and am kind of debt adverse.

Applied to:

Berkeley
UCLA
U Washington
Irvine
Temple
Pitt
Penn State

Any advice is appreciated!

Moultdog

New

Re: PA or west cost

Post by Moultdog » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:43 pm

Maybe San Diego (a beautiful campus located in the greatest city in the country, in my extremely biased opinion) and USC. UC Davis definitely. San Diego would give you a chance at money, and it is the main law school in the second biggest city on the west coast.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:08 pm

Hastings/Davis, maybe Rutgers Camden.

FlanAl

Silver

Post by FlanAl » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:14 pm

hastings and davis should probably be on there. usd could be a good option but if what you want is big law it isn't the best one. also you should probably try to retake and get a better lsat and then go to Penn

BiglawOrBust

Bronze

Post by BiglawOrBust » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:15 pm

soitgoes9 wrote:I want to work either in PA on the west cost. 164/3.73 Am i missing any applications? Am i over looking a school I should apply to Hastings for example? I am a PA resident for tuition and am kind of debt adverse.
Yeah, if not sunny California, there's nothing like living and working in the paradise that is Pennsylvania.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Voltaire_X

New

Post by Voltaire_X » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:25 pm

BiglawOrBust wrote:
soitgoes9 wrote:I want to work either in PA on the west cost. 164/3.73 Am i missing any applications? Am i over looking a school I should apply to Hastings for example? I am a PA resident for tuition and am kind of debt adverse.
Yeah, if not sunny California, there's nothing like living and working in the paradise that is Pennsylvania.
It's always sunny in Philadelphia.

philly_law

New

Post by philly_law » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:34 pm

OP, I had virtually identical numbers to you and I took the in-state tuition plus scholarship and went to Temple. You should also apply to Villanova. They only gave me $15,000/year, but this was before their scandal. That bastard Bernal, who was their admissions dean, looked me in the face and said it was because I was only two points above their LSAT mean. It seems like they are being much more generous these days, and Villanova is in a far, FAR better location than Temple. All that said, employment prospects suck equally out of both these schools and I absolutely loathe Temple.

sumtimesuwonder

New

Post by sumtimesuwonder » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:39 am

Villavova. Youll get money with those numbers, and they have similar rep as temple in philly.

pupshaw

Silver

Post by pupshaw » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:54 am

USC

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”