Waitlisted, now what? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Kimi

New

Waitlisted, now what?

Post by Kimi » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:53 am

I'm waitlisted at UVA. It is by far my top choice, but I'm not sure what to do now. I went in and talked to a few people in admissions, sent a letter of continued intent, and took another tour. I'm considering re-taking the LSAT as it is the weakest part of my application. However, I'm not sure how much I can improve my score between now and the beginning of February, and I feel like it would have to be a significant increase to really make any difference for the wait list. I'm wondering if I'd be better off waiting and retaking in June, and reapplying in the fall if I don't get in this spring. I'm afraid if I take the LSAT in Feb, my score is going to stay more or less the same and if it doesn't get me in this spring, or they don't take anyone off of the wait list at all, all I'll have is another average score on my record and I'll have to take it a 3rd time in June and they'll start averaging my scores, meaning I'll have to do even better on the 3rd. Does anyone have an recommendations? I'm totally lost.

Davidbentley

Bronze

Re: Waitlisted, now what?

Post by Davidbentley » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:06 am

First off, calm the fuck down. Second, the LSAT is the weakest part of your app so the LSAT is what you must fix. If you are are not confident that you can increase it to a level which puts you into their range, then wait until June. The consensus is that UVA tends to not have a huge number of waitlist admits (due to the High portion of ED/in state applicants.) So, if I were you, I would probably wait until June.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x_TXWYAH7o

Kimi

New

Post by Kimi » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:26 am

Thanks. I am pretty calm, just rambling a bit and thinking out loud, so to speak.

I appreciate the input!

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:21 am

I've read that you are a Virginia resident & have applied to Virginia, Richmond & Washington & Lee. Have you applied to William & Mary ?

Kimi

New

Post by Kimi » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:29 am

Yes, but haven't heard back yet from them. I sent in that application a little bit later.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”