(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 16
- Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:25 am
I'm waitlisted at UVA. It is by far my top choice, but I'm not sure what to do now. I went in and talked to a few people in admissions, sent a letter of continued intent, and took another tour. I'm considering re-taking the LSAT as it is the weakest part of my application. However, I'm not sure how much I can improve my score between now and the beginning of February, and I feel like it would have to be a significant increase to really make any difference for the wait list. I'm wondering if I'd be better off waiting and retaking in June, and reapplying in the fall if I don't get in this spring. I'm afraid if I take the LSAT in Feb, my score is going to stay more or less the same and if it doesn't get me in this spring, or they don't take anyone off of the wait list at all, all I'll have is another average score on my record and I'll have to take it a 3rd time in June and they'll start averaging my scores, meaning I'll have to do even better on the 3rd. Does anyone have an recommendations? I'm totally lost.
- Posts: 428
- Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:49 am
First off, calm the fuck down. Second, the LSAT is the weakest part of your app so the LSAT is what you must fix. If you are are not confident that you can increase it to a level which puts you into their range, then wait until June. The consensus is that UVA tends to not have a huge number of waitlist admits (due to the High portion of ED/in state applicants.) So, if I were you, I would probably wait until June.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests