Should I be worried about where I intern during my undergrad

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
undergrad_13
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:32 pm

Should I be worried about where I intern during my undergrad

Postby undergrad_13 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:38 pm

sdsdfff
Last edited by undergrad_13 on Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JDizzle2015
Posts: 638
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:16 pm

Re: Should I be worried about where I intern during my undergrad

Postby JDizzle2015 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:24 pm

undergrad_13 wrote:Junior standing, 3.95 gpa, doing an internship out of state and have a couple of offers thrown my way. Should I worry about picking a government office (example-attorney general d.c intern) over a private law firm ?

Question 2- Does anybody have any feedback about the intern program at national whistleblowers center and or KKC-Kohn, Kohn & Colapinto?

I am asking in respect to my resume when I apply to law school next year.


Thanks a lot!

Where you intern will not have much effect on your law school apps. Pick a place where you think you'd fit in best/learn the most from. That way, you can talk about your enriching experience during interviews or throw something that excited you about your work in your personal statement and have it be genuine. Good luck!

shock259
Posts: 1737
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:30 am

Re: Should I be worried about where I intern during my undergrad

Postby shock259 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:04 pm

I don't see how your undergraduate interning choice between a DA and a private law firm would affect your law school admissions. They may make a difference in your first year summer employment, though.

Keep up that GPA.

Moultdog
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:48 pm

Re: Should I be worried about where I intern during my undergrad

Postby Moultdog » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:06 am

Intern where you'll have the best experience and learn the most. Learn stuff that will help you be better at the field of law you are interested in.

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: Should I be worried about where I intern during my undergrad

Postby Br3v » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:10 am

Law school apps are a numbers game. Where internship is will not matter.

bobbyh1919
Posts: 560
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: Should I be worried about where I intern during my undergrad

Postby bobbyh1919 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:05 pm

Br3v wrote:Law school apps are a numbers game. Where internship is will not matter.


If I've learned anything this cycle, it's this.

User avatar
MachineLemon
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:47 am

Re: Should I be worried about where I intern during my undergrad

Postby MachineLemon » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:25 pm

shock259 wrote:I don't see how your undergraduate interning choice between a DA and a private law firm would affect your law school admissions. They may make a difference in your first year summer employment, though.

Keep up that GPA.


Seems like a good thought. Networking is very important and it's even more important when objective info is scarce (e.g. after one semester of law school). Since your school's rank will have a much larger effect on your career, study like mad for the LSAT. If an internship will prevent this (and I assume you're shooting for testing in June or Oct 2012), I wouldn't take the internship.

User avatar
cutecarmel
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:39 pm

Re: Should I be worried about where I intern during my undergrad

Postby cutecarmel » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:00 pm

Question 1: No. Either one is good for gaining work/real-life experience, but either will only help you very little in terms of admissions. Keep up the great work with your GPA and rock the LSAT and you should have no problem getting into law school.

Question 2: Sorry, I've never heard of that.

undergrad_13 wrote:Junior standing, 3.95 gpa, doing an internship out of state and have a couple of offers thrown my way. Should I worry about picking a government office (example-attorney general d.c intern) over a private law firm ?

Question 2- Does anybody have any feedback about the intern program at national whistleblowers center and or KKC-Kohn, Kohn & Colapinto?

I am asking in respect to my resume when I apply to law school next year.


Thanks a lot!




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], junegabriel92, loslakers and 3 guests