Addendum Needed?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
twykim
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:44 pm

Addendum Needed?

Postby twykim » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:35 pm

Hey Guys,

I got pulled over about 2 weeks ago and received a ticket for failure to exhibit insurance.
I had valid insurance at the time but forgot to replace the old card with the new one.
I resolved the issue today at court by producing the proper insurance and paying the fine.
I'm planning on applying next cycle, but I just wanted to know whether it is necessary to
disclose this type of traffic offense via an addendum. This would be my 1st and only offense.
Thanks.

Also, I tried to do look for this info through the search function but I couldn't get an
exact answer to my question so I was hoping for a definitive answer.

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13912
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Addendum Needed?

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:52 pm

twykim wrote:Hey Guys,

I got pulled over about 2 weeks ago and received a ticket for failure to exhibit insurance.
I had valid insurance at the time but forgot to replace the old card with the new one.
I resolved the issue today at court by producing the proper insurance and paying the fine.
I'm planning on applying next cycle, but I just wanted to know whether it is necessary to
disclose this type of traffic offense via an addendum. This would be my 1st and only offense.
Thanks.

Also, I tried to do look for this info through the search function but I couldn't get an
exact answer to my question so I was hoping for a definitive answer.
Read the instructions on the application and follow them. If it says "including traffic/moving violations," then disclose. If it says "excluding traffic/moving violations," then don't. Or err on the side of caution and disclose it anyway.

User avatar
theadvancededit
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:31 pm

Re: Addendum Needed?

Postby theadvancededit » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:40 am

rinkrat19 wrote:... err on the side of caution and disclose it anyway.


If you're not sure, just do it.

z0rk
Posts: 328
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:11 pm

Re: Addendum Needed?

Postby z0rk » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:12 am

All the above advice is valid. I would also add, don't lose any sleep over this.

User avatar
seahawk32
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:19 pm

Re: Addendum Needed?

Postby seahawk32 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:19 am

z0rk wrote:All the above advice is valid. I would also add, don't lose any sleep over this.


This.

And just disclose. It will not affect your chances at all unless you're defensive or whiny about it.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], isuggestbedtime and 3 guests