question about disclosers - don't want to be C&F pwned

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
shmoo597

question about disclosers - don't want to be C&F pwned

Postby shmoo597 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:14 am

Hey TLS, question about disclosures. I know TLS says disclose everything but I just wanted to make sure.

When I was in high school, as a sophmore, I got a detention for copying homework. I think I will disclose this but I am not sure. I also have some detentions from 7th grade but I think disclosing that would be silly, right? Then again, it'd be easy to make a note. Hmm, what should I do?

BiglawOrBust

Re: question about disclosers - don't want to be C&F pwned

Postby BiglawOrBust » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:24 am

LMAO do not disclose that.
Last edited by BiglawOrBust on Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby 03121202698008 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:26 am

shmoo597 wrote:Hey TLS, question about disclosures. I know TLS says disclose everything but I just wanted to make sure.

When I was in high school, as a sophmore, I got a detention for copying homework. I think I will disclose this but I am not sure. I also have some detentions from 7th grade but I think disclosing that would be silly, right? Then again, it'd be easy to make a note. Hmm, what should I do?

No, TLS doesn't say disclose everything. Common wisdom is to disclose what is asked for but when in doubt to interpret broadly and err on the side of disclosure. You need to read each application and disclose only if they ask for such things.

BiglawOrBust

Postby BiglawOrBust » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:34 am

Nevermind this. OP is an idiot.

shmoo597 wrote:Look, of course this is "baseless" in that of course this is only my opinion. But its my opinion based on 3 years of law school, going deep into debt, and going through OCI/the recruitment process. From my experiences and perspective, I conclude that taking on more then 100k in debt can only be justified by very good job prospects, and that very good job prospects are really only available at a t10 school. Yes, of course 105k in debt from UCLA will work out for some people. But for most, paying sticker at a t20 school is a really bad idea that won't work out!

Either way, my point is not really meant for people on the margins of the t10 or of the 100k debt club. Its meant for people who are considering paying sticker at a t30 or t50 school. Those are the real morons.

Three years of law school and now asking about C&F? IBTL! See you never, asswipe!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”