Quick question about recommender order on app

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
swoozie

Quick question about recommender order on app

Postby swoozie » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:35 pm

Feeling pretty dumb about this and maybe it makes no difference but...

For the apps that ask you to list your recommenders (e.g. Recommender 1, 2, 3), do these numbers have to match up with the letter on LSAC? (L1, L2, L3), etc. I had my first letter entered as a work ref, but I actually want to make my two academic letters my primary references. So I want to list my first academic writer as Recommender 1, but he corresponds to L3 from my LSAC letters list. Do I need to match the numbers and make him Recommender 3 or does it not matter? I'm mostly afraid of confusing things if he's listed as 1, and they pick up letter 1 and it's not from him.

Re: Quick question about recommender order on app

Postby 20130312 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:36 pm

Makes no difference.

swoozie

Postby swoozie » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:40 pm

Thanks!

pupshaw

Postby pupshaw » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:31 pm

swoozie wrote:Feeling pretty dumb about this and maybe it makes no difference but...

For the apps that ask you to list your recommenders (e.g. Recommender 1, 2, 3), do these numbers have to match up with the letter on LSAC? (L1, L2, L3), etc. I had my first letter entered as a work ref, but I actually want to make my two academic letters my primary references. So I want to list my first academic writer as Recommender 1, but he corresponds to L3 from my LSAC letters list. Do I need to match the numbers and make him Recommender 3 or does it not matter? I'm mostly afraid of confusing things if he's listed as 1, and they pick up letter 1 and it's not from him.

Dude, you're screwed. ;)

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”