App. Empl. Section - Same job, different summer

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
KremeCheez

App. Empl. Section - Same job, different summer

Postby KremeCheez » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:15 pm

I worked the summer after my HS graduation and the summer after my Fr. year of college at the same employer, but did not work there during the school year.
The summers after my So. and Jr, and then full-time after graduation, I worked at my next employer.
How would you address the Start and Finish dates for these?
Should I enter each summer as "New Employer" given that my employment started, stopped, then started again?

46nyc

Re: App. Empl. Section - Same job, different summer

Postby 46nyc » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:39 pm

KremeCheez wrote:I worked the summer after my HS graduation and the summer after my Fr. year of college at the same employer, but did not work there during the school year.
The summers after my So. and Jr, and then full-time after graduation, I worked at my next employer.
Should I enter each summer as "New Employer" given that my employment started, stopped, then started again?

On the applications I just listed it as one big continuous start to finish, but on my resume I said Summers of 2010, 2011, etc.

No13baby

Re: App. Empl. Section - Same job, different summer

Postby No13baby » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:51 am

46nyc wrote:
KremeCheez wrote:I worked the summer after my HS graduation and the summer after my Fr. year of college at the same employer, but did not work there during the school year.

On the applications I just listed it as one big continuous start to finish, but on my resume I said Summers of 2010, 2011, etc.

I did the same thing. People will understand that it was seasonal employment.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”