Sending in an LoR after Complete/UR

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
addy11

Sending in an LoR after Complete/UR

Postby addy11 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:17 pm

Hey all.

I am wondering what effect sending in an LoR has once the application is marked complete. Basically I got my second academic letter very late and sent it in as soon as it was received. This was after most schools had gone complete, and after several of them went under review.

Will that "reset" the clock at schools where I was already UR? Do different schools treat this differently?

Thanks in advance for any speculation or knowledge!

Samara

Re: Sending in an LoR after Complete/UR

Postby Samara » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:39 pm

addy11 wrote:Hey all.

I am wondering what effect sending in an LoR has once the application is marked complete. Basically I got my second academic letter very late and sent it in as soon as it was received. This was after most schools had gone complete, and after several of them went under review.

Will that "reset" the clock at schools where I was already UR? Do different schools treat this differently?

I'm pretty sure it doesn't put you in the "back of the line" as long as you were already complete. I just sent in an updated transcript and the schools all responded that it was added to the file and nothing was changed on the status checkers.

addy11

Re: Sending in an LoR after Complete/UR

Postby addy11 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:52 pm

Samara wrote:
addy11 wrote:Hey all.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't put you in the "back of the line" as long as you were already complete. I just sent in an updated transcript and the schools all responded that it was added to the file and nothing was changed on the status checkers.

Yeah... I think you're right. I checked my report sent dates. I have been accepted to schools that got the letter after I went complete but before I went UR. I would guess you're correct, but there are a few schools I submitted to after being UR that I was hoping to have heard back from by now.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”