2nd retake worse score than previous....

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
paulshortys10
Posts: 619
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 7:03 pm

2nd retake worse score than previous....

Postby paulshortys10 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:55 am

So I took the december LSAT thinking I would do better than my 161 from OCT. I feel like I bombed it though. LG i'm confident i got -0, but RC I guessed D for the last 7 or so questions ( and the first 20 I wasn't too sure on either). LR I'm also not too confident about.

So basically, should I cancel DEC and apply with my 161/3.4/URMex (Davis/Hastings) or should I take a risk and see what I got on Dec???

How bad does it look when your later score is worse than your previous one?

User avatar
jeremydc
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:13 pm

Re: 2nd retake worse score than previous....

Postby jeremydc » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:02 am

Trust in yourself bro. You studied and hopefully did your best. The earlier you apply the better your chances. If I was you, I would apply now with current score and indicate that you took the Dec lsat. That way you have your app in earlier. According to lawschoolpredictor you are a weak consider at davis and consider at hasting if you didnt already know that.



Maybe others can chime in.

User avatar
paulshortys10
Posts: 619
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 7:03 pm

Re: 2nd retake worse score than previous....

Postby paulshortys10 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:31 am

jeremydc wrote:Trust in yourself bro. You studied and hopefully did your best. The earlier you apply the better your chances. If I was you, I would apply now with current score and indicate that you took the Dec lsat. That way you have your app in earlier. According to lawschoolpredictor you are a weak consider at davis and consider at hasting if you didnt already know that.



Maybe others can chime in.

Well like I said, I'm a URM-MA, so i'm consider at both.

But hey thanks for the confidence boost.

User avatar
paulshortys10
Posts: 619
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 7:03 pm

Re: 2nd retake worse score than previous....

Postby paulshortys10 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:20 pm

anyone??

sportgirl234
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 12:19 am

Re: 2nd retake worse score than previous....

Postby sportgirl234 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:23 pm

hey check your inbox but plus one to trusting yourself. you studied and worked your hardest that is the most important thing. failure only occurs when you give up.

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: 2nd retake worse score than previous....

Postby franklyscarlet » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:24 pm

paulshortys10 wrote:So I took the december LSAT thinking I would do better than my 161 from OCT. I feel like I bombed it though. LG i'm confident i got -0, but RC I guessed D for the last 7 or so questions ( and the first 20 I wasn't too sure on either). LR I'm also not too confident about.

So basically, should I cancel DEC and apply with my 161/3.4/URMex (Davis/Hastings) or should I take a risk and see what I got on Dec???

How bad does it look when your later score is worse than your previous one?


FWIW, I did significantly worse than my first test (168-->161) and still got admitted to Vanderbilt. But, anecdotal evidence, so take it for what it's worth.

User avatar
paulshortys10
Posts: 619
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 7:03 pm

Re: 2nd retake worse score than previous....

Postby paulshortys10 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:54 pm

well i'm interested in knowing what the consensus is about having a retake being lower in score..

Pros of Not Cancelling-
The slim possibility that I got higher than a 161 even though I don't feel i did.

Cons of Not Cancelling-
-Wasting time not getting accepted or rejected right now
-my score is worse

83947368
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:16 pm

Re: 2nd retake worse score than previous....

Postby 83947368 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:13 am

.
Last edited by 83947368 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
89vision
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: 2nd retake worse score than previous....

Postby 89vision » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:48 pm

A lot of people are feeling the same way, based on the threads on this site. Remember that it is curved. They take the highest score anyways, don't waste the money on not getting a score. You worked hard, don't short yourself.

User avatar
paulshortys10
Posts: 619
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 7:03 pm

Re: 2nd retake worse score than previous....

Postby paulshortys10 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:17 am

89vision wrote:A lot of people are feeling the same way, based on the threads on this site. Remember that it is curved. They take the highest score anyways, don't waste the money on not getting a score. You worked hard, don't short yourself.


I know what you mean man....but I'm feeling pretty certain about how i did, especially on the RC....I wish I knew how my LR went..




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests